- 20" Clear 3G MB Whole House Water Filter Housings:
- The Pentek #20 Clear whole house water filter housing is a 3G MB system. The Third Generation (3G) design is a unique and innovative patent-pending design from Pentek.
- The Pentek 20" 3G Housings accept regular double open end (DOE) water filter cartridges or the proprietary Seal-Safe™ double o-ring sealing cartridges.
- The 20" Clear 3G MB housing contains leak-proof sealing with a topseated floating Buna-N o-ring. The OR-34 O-Ring should be replaced periodically to prevent leaks.
- Clear 3G Standard Filter Housings are manufactured from clear, FDA compliant Styrene-Acrylonitrile (SAN). All standard 3G housings have 3/4" NPT inlet and outlet ports.
- The Pentek 150560 3G housing polypropylene cap includes a pressure-relief button on the inlet side to relieve pressure inside the housing when changing water filter cartridges.
- The Pentek 3G #20 Standard Clear sump allows on-site examination of the water filter cartridge.
- Whole House housings extend the life of washing machines, water heaters, and other household appliances.
- The water filter cartridge is not included with the Pentek 150560 housing. This allows you to purchase the best water filter for your water supply.
- Connecting two #20 Clear Housings:
- Two #20 Standard housings can be connected with a pipe nipple or pipe union. There are several pipe nipples available that can be used to connect two #20 Standard Housings. See all combinations of pipe nipple options here.
- NP-34 - Use this pipe nipple to connect two #20 Housings with 3/4" Inlet/Outlets
- Pentek #20 3G Standard Clear Water Filter Housing Specs:
- Dimensions of #20 Clear Whole House Housings: 23" x 5-3/8" (584 mm x 137 mm)
- Maximum Temperature: 125°F (51.7°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 125 psi (8.62 bar)
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): 1 psi @ 10 gpm (0.07 bar @ 38 lpm)
- Pentek #20 3G Clear Housing Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Styrene Acrylonitrile (Clear)
- Cap: Reinforced Polypropylene
- O-Ring: Buna-N
- Button Assembly: 300-series Stainless Steel, EPDM, and Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Pentek 150560
- 20 Inch Clear Whole House Replacement Water Filter Information:
- The water filter cartridge is not included with the housing. This allows you to purchase the best 20" x 2.5" water filter for your water supply.
- The water filter cartridge life depends on the water filter cartridge purchased, the quality of your water, and the amount of water used. You will know when to change the filter cartridge when your water pressure drops.
- Sediment water filters reduce dirt, sand, silt, sediment, rust particles, and scale particles. Choose from one of our sediment water filters at the 20" x 2.5" Water Filter Page.
- Drinking water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water by reducing chlorine taste and odor and other contaminants. Choose from one of our carbon drinking water filters at the 20" x 2.5" Water Filter Page.
- Most Popular Water Filters for the #20 3G Standard Clear Whole House Housing:
- Sediment Filters:
P5-20 5 Micron Sediment Filter (Recommended for well water and chlorinated water)
ECP5-20 5 Micron Pleated Filter (Recommended for chlorinated water only)
- Carbon Filters:
CBC-20 0.5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor and Cyst Reduction Carbon Block Filter
06-250-125-20 0.5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor, Cyst, and Lead Reduction Filter
GAC-20 20 micron Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction Water Filter
- Recommended Parts & Accessories:
- Replacement OR-34 O-Rings. One o-ring is included with the housing purchase, but you should replace the o-ring periodically to prevent leaks.
- Use silicone grease to lubricate the o-rings to prevent leaking.
- Use the SW-2 housing wrench to remove the sump. The wrench should NOT be used to tighten the sump back onto the cap. Tightening may cause damage to the o-ring.
- Use a MC-1A stainless steel mounting bracket to mount the whole house housing using the mounting bosses.
- #20 3G Clear MB Whole House Housing Installation Information:
- Easy to install #20 Clear Whole House Water Filter System. The housing is 23" x 5-3/8" (584 mm x 137 mm). You will need to allow slightly more room in addition to the housing dimensions for installation.
- 3/4" inlet/outlet for easy installation on a water lines up to 125°F (51.7°C).
- A MC-1A mounting bracket is recommended for installation of the whole house housing.
- NOTE: When installed, protect housing against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and water leakage.
- General Housing Installation Instructions