TFM: Thin Film Membrane
- 4 Stage TFM Membrane Standard Reverse Osmosis System without Inline Filter:
- If you have a 4 stage reverse osmosis system that uses a TFM membrane, we sell compatible replacements.
- Our standard replacement filters are approximately 10" x 2.5". You should confirm that your filter housings will hold a 10" x 2.5" filter.
- A standard membrane housing holds an 11.75" to 12" inch membrane. Confirm your membrane housing will hold the membrane. If your membrane housing is not standard, you can replace it with the standard MH09-1812WH Membrane Housing.
- If you need a complete Reverse Osmosis System, see Reverse Osmosis Systems.
- Reverse osmosis systems have a flow restrictor in them. The flow rate of the restrictor must match the membrane flow rate (gallons per day). Choosing the membrane with the correct gallons per day is important. You will find the gallons per day of your membrane on the actual membrane itself or consult your user's manual. For more about flow restrictors see flow restrictors.
- For more information see RO Systems: What They Are & What They Do.
- 4 Stage Standard Reverse Osmosis System with TFM Membrane Replacement Filters and Membrane:
- Stage 1: P5-10-WF. Replace approximately every 6 months.
- Stage 2: EP5-10-WF. Replace approximately every year.
- Stage 3: CBC-10-WF. Replace approximately every year.
- Stage 4: Replace approximately every 2 years. To find the correct membrane, check the gallon per day (gpd) rating in your user manual or remove your current membrane. Your current membrane will indicate the gpd. For more about finding your membrane see the video Reverse Osmosis Membrane Identification.
Choose from the following standard membranes:
TROM-18-WF, 18 (gpd). 1.8" x 11.8"
TROM-24-WF 24 (gpd), 1.8" x 11.8"
TROM-36-WF 36 (gpd), 1.8" x 11.8”
TROM-50-WF 50(gpd), 1.8" x 11.8"
TROM-75-WF 75 (gpd), 1.8" x 11.8"
TROM-100-WF 100 (gpd), 1.8" x 11.8"
These filters can be purchased below.