20 Pound Bag; No Returns;
Does not qualify for free shipping
- American Plumber Potassium Permanganate 162607:
- Potassium permanganate (KMnO4) is used primarily to control taste and odors, remove color, control biological growth in treatment plants, and remove iron and manganese.
- A primary use of permanganate is iron and manganese removal. Permanganate will oxidize iron and manganese to convert ferrous (2+) iron into the ferric (3+) state and 2+ manganese to the 4+ state. The oxidized forms will precipitate as ferric hydroxide and manganese hydroxide (AWWA, 1991). The precise chemical composition of the precipitate will depend on the nature of the water, temperature, and pH.
- Here are two documents with information about Iron and Manganese contamination and common solutions: Iron/Manganese Information and Iron/Manganese Solutions
- Manufacturer: Pentek 162607