50 Pound Bag; No Returns
- Anthracite Water Treatment Media:
- Anthracite filter coal or Anthrafilt is commonly used as sub-fill and as a component of multi-media filters.
- Anthracite filter media is a durable media with long life and a wide temperature range. It contains no silica to interfere in the production of ultra pure water.
- Anthracite promotes higher service flow rates and longer filter runs with less head loss than single media filter beds. Backwash rates are reduced as well. Low uniformity coefficient anthracite filter media extends the life of your filter before the media must be changed out.
- Higher service flows and longer filter runs than equivalent sand filters.
- Unique density allows Anthracite to be combined with other filtration media in multi-media filters.
- Lower uniformity coefficient has less oversized and undersized particles resulting in a highly uniformed bed.
- Due to its medium density, Anthracite can be used in multi-media bed filters providing a unique pre-filtration layer.
- Anthracite Water Treatment Media Characteristics:
- Color: Black
- Bulk Density: 50 lbs./cu. ft
- Specific Gravity: 1.6 + or - .05
- Effective Size: .60 – 2.30 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.3 - 1.7
- Hardness: 3.0 – 3.8 (Mohs scale)
- Anthracite Water Filtration Media Operational Specifications:
- Bed depth: 24 – 36 in., 10 - 18 in. for multibed filters
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft. or higher depending upon local conditions
- Backwash flow rate: 12 - 25 gpm/sq. ft. depending upon mesh size
- Backwash expansion rate: 20%-40% of the bed depth
- UPC: 689466299724
- Manufacturer: Hydrotech 31501