82 Pound Bag/1 Cu. Ft.; No Returns
- Calcite Water Treatment Media:
- Calcite media for acid neutralizer systems. Pure calcium carbonate (calcite) replacement media for ph neutralizers.
- Replacement calcite media for residential acid neutralizer systems and commercial acid neutralizers.
- Calcite filter media is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate filtration media.
- When used properly, calcite media can correct pH to levels that are high enough to maintain a non-corrosive balance.
- Acidic waters slowly dissolve the Calcite media to raise the pH levels in the water supply, which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in plumbing systems. Backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending upon pH, water chemistry and service flow rate, your calcite filter will have to be periodically replenished as the calcite is depleted.
- Calcite offers cost effective pH Correction. Calcite is slower reacting for controlled pH correction.
- Calcite media can be combined with Magnesium Oxide in a high flow acidic water environment to neutralize pH levels.
- As calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may be required.
- Calcite Media Specifications:
- Color: near white
- Bulk Density: 82 lbs./cu. ft.
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Effective Size: .40 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.5
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
- Calcite Media Operational Specifications:
- Water pH range: 5.0 – 7.0
- Bed depth: 24 – 30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed dept
- Service flow rate: 3 - 6 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash flow rate: 8 – 12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash expansion rate: 35% of bed depth
- UPC: 689466299656
- Manufacturer: Tier1 32376-4