- Culligan D-40 Under Sink Water Filter:
- The Culligan D-40 carbon block water filter is a 0.5 micron extra-fine sediment water filter.
- The Culligan D-40 replacement filter reduces extra-fine dirt, sand, sediment, silt, rust particles, and turbidity.
- The Culligan D-40 filter cartridge removes greater than 99.95% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts.
- The Culligan D-40 water filter removes greater than 97% of lead.
- The Culligan D-40 water filters reduce bad taste and odor, sediment, and asbestos.
- The Culligan D-40 water filter reduces Lindane and Atrazine (a pesticide and herbicide), mercury, bad taste and odor, sediment, and chloramine.
- The Culligan D-40 water filter fits in under sink water filter systems.
- The Culligan D-40 water filter is tested and certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42/53 in model US-600A and US-600 which means that the Culligan D-40 replacement filter has passed rigorous testing standards.
- The Culligan D-40A is recommended for use with city and well water supplies.
- Note: Culligan has changed the model # of this filter from D-40 to D-40A due to a design change. The contaminant reduction remains the same. The D-40A has a flow restrictor which will reduce the flow rate more than the original D-40. The original D-40 is no longer being manufactured. The Culligan D-15 filter is compatible and will not restrict water flow as much as the D-40A. The D-15 does no reduce as many contaminants as the D-40A.
- Culligan D-40 Water Filter Reduces:
- Bad Taste & Odor
- Aesthetic Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Nominal Particulate Class 1
- Culligan D-40 Replacement Water Filter Specs:
- Dimensions: 9.75" x 2.4" x 2.4".
- Maximum Flow Rate: 0.6 gpm
- Micron Rating: 0.5 micron
- Manufacturer: Culligan 1020636
- Culligan D40A Replacement Information:
- The Culligan D-40 water filter is easy to install in undersink water filter systems.
- The Culligan D-40 under sink water filter life is up to 6 months or 600 gallons. The water filter life also depends on the quality of your water.
- Undersink Housings for the Culligan D-40 filter:
- Culligan US-640
- Culligan SY-2000
- Culligan SY-5167
- Ametek CTR-210
- OmniFilter OT-32 Water Filter System (Stage 2)
- OmniFilter OT32 Water Filter System (Stage 2)
- The Culligan D40A can be used in place of these water filters:
- Omni CB3
- Teledyne WaterPik IR-70
- American Plumber W-40 / American Plumber WLC-R
- Ace Hardware 48167
- MasterPlumber TrueValue 852-657
- Flotec LC1
- GE FXULC
- Culligan D-40A Filter Instructions
- The Culligan D-40 under sink water filter life is up to 12 months or 1000 gallons. The water filter life also depends on the quality of your water.
- The Culligan D-40A should be installed with the end of the filter with the hole, facing up. If no water is passing through the system, the filter is likely installed upside down.
- If the flow restriction in the Culligan D-40A is too great, you can increase the flow rate by drilling a larger hole, where the existing hole is, with a 1/8" drill bit.