The Culligan D-20 or the Culligan D-10 water filter cartridge fits in the Culligan US-600 under sink water filter system.
Culligan US600 Parts & Accessories:
You can purchase the OR-233 replacement o-ring below for the Culligan US600 Drinking Water System. The OR-233 o-ring should be replaced every couple of filter changes or when you notice stretching or damage to the o-ring. The o-ring should be lubricated with food-grade silicone grease at every filter change.
You can purchase the SW-5 replacement wrench below for the Culligan US-600 water filter system.
If using the Culligan D-30 or Culligan D-40 filter with the US-600 filter system, it is recommended to install the system with a dedicated drinking water faucet. The flow rate will be slower with the D-30 or D-40 filter which is why a separate drinking water faucet is recommended. See the Related Products below for some faucet options or see our faucet page.
For standard under-sink installation on 3/8-inch (10 mm) cold water line (copper or PVC pipe).
How to Install the Culligan US-600 Water Filter System:
(1) Turn off cold water supply and open nearest faucet to release pressure in pipes before starting installation. Place a tray or towels under the cold water line to catch excess water.
(2) Select location under sink where filter is to be mounted. Use mounting bracket as a template to mark screw locations. Mount filter in marked location using mounting bracket. NOTE: Allow 1-1/2 inches (33 mm) clearance below housing to enable filter cartridge changes.
(3) Using a pipe cutter or hacksaw, remove a 3-inch (76 mm) section of pipe from the 3/8-inch (10 mm) cold water line. Deburr ends of remaining pipe with a file. Push a quick-connect elbow onto each end of remaining cold water line. Be sure to push elbow onto pipe until you hit a hard stop.
(4) Determine the lengths of tubing needed to connect the inlet and outlet sides of filter to the quick-connect fittings on the cold water line. Measure tubing short enough to prevent kinking. Cut the tubing squarely between the closest set of black guide arrows. Assemble by inserting tubing into appropriate inlet or outlet quick-connect fitting until it stops (inlet and outlet are marked IN and OUT on cap). NOTE: When cut between a set of black guide arrows, the tubing should be pushed into the fitting so that the entrance of the fitting falls between the next set of guide arrows (approximately 5/8-inch [16 mm]).
(5) Slowly turn on the water supply to allow filter to fill with water, then press the red pressure-relief button on top of filter to release trapped air. Check for leaks before leaving installation. NOTE: A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, flush the cartridge for 5 minutes to remove the fines before using the water. It is recommended that you run the tap at least 20 seconds prior to using water for drinking or cooking purposes.
(6) NOTE: Disconnecting the Tubing from the Quick- Connect Fittings. Routine maintenance and cartridge replacement will NOT require that you disconnect the tubing from the filter cap; however, tubing may be quickly and easily removed from the fittings if necessary. First, turn off the water supply to the filter and open faucet to drain the pipes. Then simply depress the gray collar around the inlet fitting of the housing while pulling the tubing with your other hand. Repeat for the outlet fitting.
How to Replace the Culligan US-600 Filter:
(1) Turn off water supply to filter and place a tray or towel under the system to catch any water that spills during removal of the filter cartridge.
(2) Depress red pressure-relief button.
(3) Unscrew and remove bottom of filter housing. NOTE: If turning off water supply to filter will also turn off water supply to the rest of the home, be sure to fill a bucket of water first to allow you to clean housing after it has been removed.
(4) Locate and remove large O-ring (1), wipe clean of lubricant, and set aside. Discard used filter cartridge.
(5). Rinse out bottom of filter housing and fill 1/3 full with water. Add 2 tablespoons of bleach and scrub bottom of housing with nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Lubricate O-ring with clean silicone grease. Insert O-ring in groove and press into place. NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the O-ring is seated level in the groove.
(6) Insert new filter cartridge in bottom of housing. Cartridges with one gasket should be inserted with the gasketed end toward the threads of the housing.
(7) Screw bottom of housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
(8) Slowly turn on the water supply to allow filter to fill with water, then press the red pressure-relief button on top of filter to release trapped air.
Check for leaks before leaving installation. NOTE: A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, flush the cartridge for 5 minutes to remove the fines before using the water. It is recommended that you run the tap at least 20 seconds prior to using water for drinking or cooking purposes.