- GE Osmonics Desal CTA-16 Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- The GE Desal CTA-16 is a 16 Gallon Per Day RO Membrane.
- Unlike conventional filtration which can be maintenance-intensive, membrane-separation technology uses crossflow filtration where impurities are captured on the membrane and are constantly swept away by the concentrate stream. Thus the RO membrane surface is continuously cleaned, which prolongs the life of the reverse osmosis membrane and reduces maintenance costs.The spiral-wound membrane element is constructed of one or more membrane envelopes which are wound around a perforated central tube. The permeate water passes through the membrane into the envelope and spirals inward to the central tube.
- The GE CTA-16 is a Cellulose-Acetate Membrane.
- The GE Desal CTA-16 RO Membrane is chlorine resistant. A sediment filter or a chlorine taste and odor reduction water filter may be used before the RO membrane if chlorine is present in your water supply.
- GE Desal CTA-16 RO Membrane Specs:
- 16 Gallons Per Day
- Dimensions: 1.83" W X 11.75" L
- Average NaCl Rejection (%): 93.0
- Permeate Flow* gpd @ 65 psi: 16
*Permeate flow specifications are based on 500 mg/L NaCl solution at 65 psi (4.5 bar) inlet pressure, 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery after 24 hours. Individual element flux may vary ±15%.
- Manufacturer: Desal 1201332
- Part #'s also associated with GE Desal CTA16 RO Membrane:
- Desal Part # 1201332
- The Desal CTA-16 replaces the Desal HFCTA-22 RO Membrane. The CTA-16 has a lower 16 GPD capacity versus the HFCTA-22 which had a 22 GPD capacity.
- The Desal CTA-16 replaces the Desal 1201336 RO Membrane. The CTA-16 has a lower 16 GPD capacity versus the 1201336 which had a 22 GPD capacity.