Product cannot ship to California, Iowa, Massachusetts, or Wisconsin
- Doulton W9121715 (previously called W9121709) 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle:
- The Doulton W9121715 Super Sterasyl Candle Filter features a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with a GAC core.
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing.
- W9121715 cleanable filter elements are designed to reduce suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, organic chemicals, and improve taste and odor.
- At the heart of every Doulton ceramic filter is the “Sterasyl” silver impregnated ceramic microfilter.
- The Doulton W9121715 features silver locked within the ceramic structure which inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives the ceramics self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton ceramics do not remove the beneficial minerals from the water, ensuring the filtered water is enjoyable to drink and yet safe from harmful impurities.
- The Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle is a self-sterilizing filter with submicron filtration at an economical cost!
- The Doulton Super Steralsyl W9121715 is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon.
- The W9121715 has three filtration stages within a single candle and is fitted with a threaded plastic cap on one end. The first stage reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. The second stage inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties. The third stage removes chlorine and organic compounds.
- The Doulton W9121715 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle features a 1 1/4” (L) thread mount for gravity filter use.
- Doulton W9121715 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Contaminant Reduction:
- Pathogenic bacteria: Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform >99.99% removal
- Cysts: Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia >99.99% removal
- Sediment: Down to 0.9 micron absolute; 0.5 - 0.8 micron with a filtration efficiency of >99.99%
- Organic Chemicals: Pesticides, herbicides and organic solvents removal
- Metals: Iron, Aluminum removal
- Taste & Color: Hydrogen Sulphide, Iron, etc. removal
Doulton Super Sterasyl Ceramic Water Filter Performance
(Fully Supported By proven test data)
(% particulate filtration efficiency)
|Absolute (defined as >.99.99%) ||0.9 micron |
Nominal (defined as >99.9%)
0.5 to 0.8 micron
|% Bacteria Removal || |
E. Coli, Vibrio Cholerae (Cholera), Shigella, Salamonella Typhi (Typhoid), Klebsiella Terrigena
|% Cyst Removal || |
|Giardia ||>99.99% |
|Inorganics Removal ||Free Chlorine Removal || |
2mg cl/l challenge
|Quality Approval ||Turbidity Reduction || |
To NSF Standard 53
|Capacity ||Before replacement to guarantee performance ||Gallons ||568 |
|Flow Rate ||3 bar pressure ||1.2 gal/minute |
|For Maximum Performance ||.4 gal/minute |
|In Gravity Fed Filter Unit- Per candle installed ||5 gal/24 hours |
Working Temperature Range
Working Pressure Range
- Doulton W9121715 Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Specs:
- Dimensions: 10" long X 2" Diameter - 1 1/4" (long) thread mount
- Micron Rating (Nominal): .9 µm
- Maximum working temperature: 100° F
- Minimum working temperature: 40° F
- Capacity: 535 Gallons
- Filter Media: Granular Activated Carbon
- Maximum working pressure: 125 psig
- Recommended flow rate: 0.3 - 0.5 gpm
- Recommended cleaning frequency: when flow rate is noticeably lower
- Recommended change frequency: 6 months or 535 gallons
- Manufacturer: Doulton W9121715
- Doulton W9121715 Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle:
- The Super Sterasyl Candle is designed for gravity systems.
- Common Replacement Filter For the Doulton Gravity Fed Systems GSS2, GSS3, and GSS4
- Doulton W9121715 Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Maintenance:
- The ceramic shell of the water filter is designed to filter fine particles, bacteria and other contaminants from your water. In doing so, the outside of the ceramic shell can eventually need cleaning which will become evident when water flow from the filter becomes reduced. When this occurs, simply remove, clean and replace the cartridge as follows:
- 1st: Wash your hands with filtered water.
- 2nd: Remove the ceramic cartridge according to the instructions of your particular filter housing (Handle with care. Wet cartridges are fragile!)
- 3rd: Take a clean scouring pad, or slightly abrasive cloth, and give the ceramic a light scrub under running water. Apply gentle pressure uniformly, take care that the cleaning of the ceramic is not concentrated in one area. This will remove surface particles from the water filter as well as an outer layer of ceramic, restoring and refreshing the water filter to it's original water flow.
- 4th: Replace cartridge in filter housing.
- 5th: Wash hands thoroughly after handling the ceramic cartridge.
- Important: Care must be taken at all times to prevent contamination of the end of the cartridge mount from unfiltered water and/or dirty hands from cleaning the cartridge surface. You may wish to cover the end with a plastic bag and rubberband to make handling easier. Do not use soap or detergents.
- Cleaning can be done over 50 times before replacement of the water filter cartridge will be necessary.
- The carbon core, more than likely, will become exhausted before the outer ceramic layer begins to thin, unless you are filtering sediment heavy water, and cleaning is done often.