Product cannot ship to California, Iowa, Massachusetts, or Wisconsin
- Doulton W9221000 Imperial SuperSterasyl OBE Ceramic Filter:
- Doulton “Imperial” elements are designed to fit in most “Industry Standard” 10 inch housings and offer a greater flow rate than the “Slimline” filter elements.
- The Doulton W9221000 Imperial SuperSterasyl OBE Ceramic Filter has all the features of the Imperial Sterasyl plus Chlorine reduction and Organics reduction and is excellent for use in reverse osmosis systems.
- The Doulton W9221000 OBE Filter has a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with a GAC core.
- The Doulton Imperial SuperSterasyl Ceramic Filter is a self-sterilizing filter that can be re-used over and over again to provide absolute micron filtration down to .9 microns, at an economical price.
- The Doulton W9221000 cartridge is open on both ends (OBE) and fits in standard 10" filter housings.
- The Doulton SuperSterasyl W9221000 is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon.
- First Stage: The first stage consists of Doulton SuperSterasyl ceramic which is manufactured to provide genuine sub micron filtration. The cartridge reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity.
- Second Stage: The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties.
- Third Stage: Packed with granular activated carbon which removes chlorine, VOC's and industrial solvents.
- The Doulton Imperial Super Sterasyl ceramic shell is silver impregnated ceramic. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives each cartridge enhanced bacteriostatic and self-sterilizing properties.
- Doulton Imperial Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filter W9221000 is ideal for RO guard and post filtration and complimentary to UV systems.
- Doulton W9221000 Imperial Super Sterasyl Ceramic Water Filter Contaminant Reduction:
- Absolute filtration rating (defined as > 99.99%): 0.9 micron
- Nominal filtration rating (defined as > 99.9%): 0.5 - 0.8 micron
- E.coli Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Vibrio Cholera Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Shigella Bacteria: > 99.999% removal
- Salmonella Typhi Bacteria: > 99.999% removal
- Klebsiella Terrigena Bacteria: > 99.99% removal
- Cryptosporidium: > 99.999% Cyst removal
- Giardia: > 99.999% Cyst removal
- Doulton W9221000 Imperial SuperSterasyl Ceramic Filter Specs:
- Dimensions: 9.75" (248 mm) long X 2.75" (72 mm) Diameter
- Micron Rating: 0.9 micron Absolute
- Working temperature range: 41ºF (5ºC) - 100ºF (38ºC)
- Working pH range: 5.5 - 9.5 F
- Minimum working pressure: 10 psi
- Maximum working pressure: 125 psi
- Flow rate: 1.33 gpm
- Filter Core Media: Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)
- Filter Life: 6 months
- Recommended cleaning frequency: when flow rate is noticeably lower
- Manufacturer: Doulton W9221000
- Doulton W9221000 Imperial SuperSterasyl Ceramic Filter:
- Doulton W9221000 OBE water filter fits in standard 10" filter housings.
- Doulton W9221000 Imperial SuperSterasyl Ceramic Filter Maintenance:
- The ceramic shell of the water filter is designed to filter fine particles, bacteria and other contaminants from your water. In doing so, the outside of the ceramic shell can eventually need cleaning which will become evident when water flow from the filter becomes reduced. When this occurs, simply remove, clean and replace the cartridge as follows:
- 1st: Wash your hands with filtered water.
- 2nd: Remove the ceramic cartridge according to the instructions of your particular filter housing (Handle with care. Wet cartridges are fragile!)
- 3rd: Take a clean scouring pad, or slightly abrasive cloth, and give the ceramic a light scrub under running water. Apply gentle pressure uniformly, take care that the cleaning of the ceramic is not concentrated in one area. This will remove surface particles from the water filter as well as an outer layer of ceramic, restoring and refreshing the water filter to it's original water flow.
- 4th: Replace cartridge in filter housing.
- 5th: Wash hands thoroughly after handling the ceramic cartridge.
- Cleaning can be done over 50 times before replacement of the water filter cartridge will be necessary.