- Doulton W9240005 KDF 10” Scale Reduction Filter Features:
- The Doulton W9240005 Scale/KDF Ceramic Filter works as a replacement cartridge for the HIP, HCP, and HIS Systems.
- The Doulton Scale KDF Filter was designed for the Doulton under-sink and counter-top systems.
- The W9240005 Doulton Water Filter contains Polyphosphate and KDF Media surrounded by Doulton's signature ceramic body. The polyphosphate reduces calcium build-up, while the KDF Media reduces chlorine and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
- This cartridge should be changed every 6-8 months depending on water quality and usage.
- W9240005 Doulton Replacement Ceramic Candle Filter Reduces:
- chlorine taste and odor
- calcium build-up
- Manufacturer: Doulton W9240005
- Doulton W9240005 Ceramic Water Filter is a Compatible Replacement For:
- Doulton Water Filter Systems: W9333042, W9332001, and W9380002.
- Doulton Slim Under Sink and Countertop Systems
- Doulton HIP, HCP, and HIS Systems
- Doulton Ceramic Candle Water Filter Cleaning Instructions:
- The ceramic shell of the water filter is designed to filter fine particles, bacteria and other contaminants from your water. In doing so, the outside of the ceramic shell can eventually need cleaning which will become evident when water flow from the filter becomes reduced. When this occurs, simply remove, clean and replace the cartridge as follows:
- 1st: Wash your hands with filtered water.
- 2nd: Remove the ceramic cartridge according to the instructions of your particular filter housing (Handle with care. Wet cartridges are fragile!)
- 3rd: Take a clean scouring pad, or slightly abrasive cloth, and give the ceramic a light scrub under running water. Apply gentle pressure uniformly, take care that the cleaning of the ceramic is not concentrated in one area. This will remove surface particles from the water filter as well as an outer layer of ceramic, restoring and refreshing the water filter to it's original water flow.
- 4th: Replace cartridge in filter housing.
- 5th: Wash hands thoroughly after handling the ceramic cartridge.
- Important: Care must be taken at all times to prevent contamination of the end of the cartridge mount from unfiltered water and/or dirty hands from cleaning the cartridge surface. You may wish to cover the end with a plastic bag and rubberband to make handling easier. Do not use soap or detergents.
- Cleaning can be done over 50 times before replacement of the water filter cartridge will be necessary.