- Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Brackish Water Industrial Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- The Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 brackish water reverse osmosis membrane elements provide consistent and outstanding system performance in light industrial applications.
- The Filmtec BW30-4040 features the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) to lessen the impact of fouling.
- Elements with a hard shell exterior are recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops.
- The Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 industrial RO membrane may be cleaned over the widest pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- Dow Filmtec Part # 80783
- Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Industrial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 3.9" W X 40" L
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).)
- BW30-4040 Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 2400 (3.2)
(Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 16 gpm (3.6 m3/h)
- Stabalized Salt Rejection: 99.5%
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning: 1-12
- Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Industrial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec BW30-4040
- Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane can be used in many brands of industrial Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec BW30-4040 Brackish Water RO System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec BW30-4040 Industrial Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Filmtec Dow BW30-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Instructions:
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the BW30-4040 industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Keep the BW30-4040 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec BW30-4040 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible BW30-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane damage.
- During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).