- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- The Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 is a High Rejection Seawater RO Element.
- The Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 RO Membrane is a premium grade seawater reverse osmosis element featuring both high active area and high salt rejection to offer the best long-term economics for seawater desalination systems.
- Dow SW30HR-380 desalination membranes deliver the highest boron rejection to help customers meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
- The Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 reverse osmosis elements deliver high performance over their operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments like many competitive products. This is one reason why Dow Filmtec RO elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves, reduces the overall effect of fouling and maximizes membrane efficiency.
- Dow Filmtec Part #135137
- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater Desalination RO Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 8" W X 40" L
- Active Area ft2 (m2): 380 (35)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 1,000 psig (69 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- SW30HR-380 Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 6000 (23)
(Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-15%.)
- Max Feed Flow Rate: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/h)
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.7%
- Minimum Salt Rejection: 99.6%
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1-13
- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec SW30HR-380
- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater Desalination Reverse Osmosis Membrane can be used in many brands of Seawater Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Reverse Osmosis System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec SW30HR-380 Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater RO Membrane Element Instructions:
- After installation of the Filmtec SW30HR-380, the first full tank of permeate should be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate for drinking water or food preparation.
- Keep the SW30HR-380 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec SW30HR-380 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- The Dow Filmtec SW30HR-380 membrane shows some resistance to short-term attack by chlorine (hypochlorite). However, continuous exposure may damage the membrane and should be avoided. Most systems have prefilters to filter out the chlorine. Be sure to change these filters regularly to preserve the SW30HR-380 Filmtec reverse osmosis membrane.