- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- Filmtec reverse osmosis membranes are the industry’s most reliable for home drinking water.
- Advanced membrane technology and automated fabrication in the Filmtec reverese osmosis membranes allow these elements to deliver consistent performance for all customers.
- The Filmtec TW30-1812-50 reverse osmosis membrane element is NSF/ANSI Standard 58 listed.
- Filmtec home drinking water elements are rated at 50 psi and will purify about 20% more water than competitive elements rated at 60 psi.
- Dow Filmtec Part # 80722
- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 1.75" W X 11.75" L
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- TW30-1812-50 ΔP (psig) @ Flow Rate (gpd): 50 psig @ 50 gpd (Permeate flows for individual elements may vary +/- 20%)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psig (21 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 2.0 gpm (7.6 lpm)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 min.): 1-12
- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec TW30-1812-50
- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec Reverse Osmosis Membrane TW30-1812-50 can be used in many brands of Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Instructions:
- After installation of the Filmtec TW30-1812-50, the first full tank of permeate should be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate for drinking water or food preperation.
- Keep the Filmtec TW30-1812-50 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec TW30-1812-50 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- The Dow Filmtec TW30-1812-50 membrane shows some resistance to short-term attack by chlorine (hypochlorite). However, continuous exposure may damage the membrane and should be avoided. Most systems have prefilters to filter out the chlorine. Be sure to change these filters regularly to preserve the TW30-1812-50 Filmtec reverse osmosis membrane.
- Reverse Osmosis System Recommended Care:
- Change your filters and membrane at the recommended frequency, and clean your system with a product like Sani-System SS96RO, an easy to use, pre-measured, reverse osmosis system sanitizer, available below.