- Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Tape Wrapped Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- The Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 reverse osmosis membrane element is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
- The Dow TW30-2540 RO membrane may be cleaned over the widest pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- The Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 is a tape-wrapped RO element built with the same high quality and materials of construction as other industrial RO elements, without the hard outershell. This makes them more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
- Dow Filmtec Part # 80643
- Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 2.5" W X 40" L
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- TW30-2540 Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 850 gpd (3.2)
(Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.5 %
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 6 gpm (1.4 m3/hr)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 13 psig (0.9 bar)
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 min): 1-13
- Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec TW30-2540
- Dow Filmtec Commercial TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Membrane can be used in many brands of Commercial Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec Commercial TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Instructions:
- After installation of the Filmtec TW30-2540, the first full tank of permeate should be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the TW30-2540 industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Keep the TW30-2540 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec Dow TW30-2540 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible TW30-2540 Reverse Osmosis Membrane damage.
- During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).