- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membranes:
- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 commercial reverse osmosis (RO) elements offer the highest quality water for small commercial systems purifying less than one gallon per minute (0.2 m3/d) of RO water.
- Dow Filmtec membranes also deliver savings by providing the industry’s longest lasting and most reliable performance.
- Dow Filmtec Part # 80608
- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Commcerial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 3.9" W X 21" L
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- TW30-4021 Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 900 gpd (3.4)
(Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Pressure Drop: 13 psig (0.9 bar)
- Stabilized Salt Rejection: 99.5%
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning (30 Min): 1-13
- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec TW30-4021
- Dow Filmtec Commercial TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Membrane can be used in many brands of Commercial Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec Commercial TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Dow Filmtec TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Instructions:
- After installation of the Filmtec TW30-4021, the first full tank of permeate should be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the TW30-4021 industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Keep the TW30-4021 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec Dow TW30-4021 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible TW30-4021 Reverse Osmosis Membrane damage.
- During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).