- Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane:
- The Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 reverse osmosis elements offer better system performance and economics by operating at very low applied pressure.
- The Filmtec XLE-4040 membrane is made with a patented technology and provides consistent and reliable system performance.
- The new XLE series of elements replaces the Dow Filmtec TW30LE elements which were made with an older membrane technology.
- Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, without the hard outer shell. This makes them more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
- The Filmtec XLE-4040 is the most productive, lowest pressure RO membrane element.
- The Filmtec XLE-4040 may be cleaned over the widest pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- Dimensions: 3.9" W X 40" L
- Dow Filmtec Part #154546
- Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Commercial Extra Low Energy Reverse Osmosis Membrane Specs:
- Dimensions: 3.9" W X 40" L
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113°F (45°C)
- XLE-4040 Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d): 2600 (3.2)
(Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 600 psi (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate: 14 gpm (3.2 m3/h)
- Maximum Stabalized Salt Rejection: 99.0 %
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI): 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance: <0.1 ppm
- pH Range, Continuous Operation: 2-11
(Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C))
- pH Range, Short Term Cleaning: 1-13
- Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Materials of Construction:
- Membrane Type: Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Manufacturer: Filmtec XLE-4040D
- Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Commercial Reverse Osmosis Systems:
- The Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Extra Low Energy Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane can be used in many brands of Commercial Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems.
- Dow Filmtec XLE-4040 Reverse Osmosis System Accessories:
- Use a TDS Meter to monitor the Total Dissolved Solids before and after the Filmtec XLE-4040 Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
- Use a Digital RO Tank Pressure Gauge to monitor the Reverse Osmosis Tank Pressure.
- Dow Filmtec Commercial XLE-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Instructions:
- After installation of the Filmtec XLE-4040, the first full tank of permeate should be discarded. Do not use this initial permeate.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the XLE-4040 industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Keep the XLE-4040 RO element moist at all times after initial wetting.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Filmtec Dow XLE-4040 membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible XLE-4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane damage.
- During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).