25 Pound Bag/1 Cu. Ft.; No Returns
- Filter-Ag Water Treatment Media:
- Filter Ag Media or Filter Lite Media is a low-density media typically used in multi-media filters to enhance the capacity of the filter to remove smaller micron particles.
- At 25 pounds per cubic foot, Filter Ag water treatment media sits as the top layer in a multi-media filter.
- Filter-Ag filter media granules have irregular surface characteristics affording maximum removal of suspended matter throughout the filter bed. Filter-Ag media typically removes the normal suspended solids down to the 20 – 40 micron ranges.
- Filter-Ag water filtration media can be applied to systems designed for either pressure of gravity flow.
- Advantages of Filter-Ag media include less pressure loss through a bed of Filter-Ag than most other medias, lightweight and requires lower backwash rates, high dirt removal capacity that results in longer filter runs.
- Replacement of sand with Filter-Ag media in existing installations may increase filter capacity 100% or more. (Caution should be taken upon start-up that the lightweight Filter-Ag is not washed to drain.)
- Filter Ag Water Treatment Media Characteristics:
- Color: Light grey to near white
- Bulk Density: 24-26 lbs./cu. ft.
- Specific Gravity: 2.25 gm/cc
- Mesh Size: 12 x 30
- Effective Size: 0.67 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.8
- Hardness: 6 (Mohs scale)
- Filter Ag Water Filtration Media Operational Specifications:
- Water pH range: wide range
- Bed depth: 24 - 36 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash flow rate: 8 - 10 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash expansion rate: 20 - 40% of bed depth
- UPC: 689466299694
- Manufacturer: Tier1 33013