The GE SmartWater Refrigerator Water Filter fits GE and Hotpoint refrigerators with a round white plastic filter mounted inside the refrigerator compartment above the top shelf. The filter uses Activated Carbon Block to remove contaminants for up to 6 months.
- Simple replacement schedule of every 6 months
- Made in U.S.A.
Filter Type: Activated Carbon Block
Filter Life: 6 months or 300 gallons
Micron Rating: 0.5 microns
Flow Rate: 0.5 gallons per minute
Size: 5 1/4 inches (length) x 3 1/2 inches (diameter)
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
The MWF is also known by the following part numbers:
- MWF, WF287, 101057-A, 101057A, 101300-0110, 101300-A, 101300A, 197D6321P001, 46-9991, 46-9996, 469991, 469996, 9991, 9996, AP3859302, AP3967843, GWF01, GWF06, GWFA, GWFDS, HWF, HWFA, MWF3PK, MWFA, MWFAP, MWFDS, PC40677, PC61278A, PS981638, PS983115, PT11577906, WF-287, WR02X11020, WR02X11287, WR02X11290, WR17S12, WR2M3552
- Twist the old filter a half-turn counterclockwise
- Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically)
- Fill the new filter with water (you can use the cold water faucet on your kitchen sink)
- Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops
- Twist the filter a half-turn clockwise
- Reset your 'change filter' light (if your fridge has one)
Resetting your 'change filter' indicator:
- Press and hold the reset water filter button on the dispenser for 3 seconds