- GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System:
- The Merlin Reverse Osmosis System is a new patented RO technology from GE that fits nicely under the kitchen sink or for light commercial applications.
- The GE Merlin Reverse Osmosis System is a tankless RO system featuring on-demand, continuous-flow water production. There is no storage tank to fill. The reverse osmosis unit does not run until RO water is needed.
- The GE Merlin Tankless RO unit operates on line pressure (40 psi required). We strongly recommend the below GE Merlin pump with all GE Merlin purchases because the GE Merlin operates best at 60 psi. The GE Merlin pump is a special variable speed pump that is made especially for the membranes in the GE Merlin system.
- Continuous cycling of the pump is normal when used with the GE Merlin system.
- This GE Merlin reverse osmosis unit will provide clean, refreshing, and good tasting water for all drinking, cooking & ice needs.
- The Merlin system includes a complete installation kit, designer air gap chrome long reach lead-free faucet, all interconnecting tubing, RO membrane, filters, fittings, drain connection, and installation instructions.
- The GE Merlin patented high-production, low-energy membrane purifies between 720 to 1100 gallons of water per day depending on your water conditions. That is 50 times the output of typical home reverse osmosis products. The GE Merlin provides commercial water production at the price of a residential system. This high capacity performance creates new opportunities for light duty commercial applications.
- The GE Merlin system is covered by a 3-year limited warranty for residential applications, and a 1-year limited warranty in commercial application.
- Applications for the GE Merlin System: Home Use / Light Commercial, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Juice bars, Ice Makers, Dentist Office, Aquariums, Grocery Misters
- The GE Merlin high recovery system has consistent TDS rejection and membrane efficiency.
- The GE Merlin RO System is engineered for the fewest number of connection points - less chance of leaks.
- The GE Merlin reverse osmosis system's support leg also serves as a handy sump wrench.
- The GE Merlin system works like a small commercial RO system. It uses two reverse osmosis membrane elements in series to produce the high flow of permeate. The concentrate from reverse osmosis element one is channeled into the inlet at the second RO element.
- The GE Merlin stops the flow of water coming in when the system is not in use. An internal shut-off valve will close when the pressure in the permeate line reaches approximately 44% of the system inlet pressure. This function saves water by turning the unit off when permeate water is not being used. The inlet valve will open, and the GE Merlin will start making permeate water when pressure in the permeate line drops to approximately 11% of the system inlet pressure.
- The GE Merlin has a 25% recovery rate. .
- Additional Pictures: GE Merlin RO System Pictures
The GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System has been discontinued by the manufacturer. There is no direct replacement available. Purchase the alternate Evolution Tankless Reverse Osmosis System available below. The Evolution-RO1000 is similar to the GE Merlin but with a new and improved design. The Evolution-RO1000 is capable of 1000 gallons per day.
- GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System Specs:
- Materials of Construction: High durability Noryl and polypropylene construction provide years of dependable service
- Average Permeate Flow Rate: 0.5 Gallons Per Minute
- Average Gallons Per Day: 720 GPD
- Uses Line Pressure (>40 psi). GE Merlin Pump recommended with all Merlin purchases because the Merlin operates best at 60 psi.
- Average TDS Rejection: 95% NaCI based on 50 psi at 77°F
- RO System Height: 17.05 inches
- RO System Length: 20.34 inches
- RO System Depth: 9.68 inches
- Carbon PreFilter Height x Depth: 17 inches x 2.9 inches
- RO Membrane Height x Depth (The GE Merlin uses 2 Membranes): 18.75 inches x 3.16 inches
- Carbon PostFilter Height x Depth: 10" x 2" (254 mm x 50.8 mm)
- GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System Contaminant Reduction:
- The GE Merlin RO System has been tested according to NSF/ANSI 58 for reduction of substances listed below. The concentration of the indicated substances in water entering the system was reduced to a concentration less than or equal to the permissible limit for water leaving the system, as specified in NSF/ANSI 58. The substances are: Arsenic, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium (Hexavalent), Chromium (Trivalent), Copper, Fluoride, Lead, Nitrate, Nitrite, Radium 226/228, Selenium and TDS.
- Manufacturer: Merlin 1255052
- GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System Replacement Filters:
- GE Merlin RO System Replacement Parts:
- Housing Sump O-Rings: The GE Merlin 1240326 Housing Sump O-Rings should be replaced every couple of filter changes or when there is damage to the o-ring. Use o-ring lubricant to keep the oring effective at sealing the housing sumps.
- Reverse Osmosis System Recommended Care:
- Change your filters and membrane at the recommended frequency, and clean your system with a product like Sani-System SS96RO, an easy to use, pre-measured, reverse osmosis system sanitizer, available below.