- HM Digital AquaPro Digital Water Quality Tester for Electrical Conductivity AP-2:
- The AP-2 Tester measures electrical conductivity (EC) and temperature.
- This EC tester has Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- The AP-2 Water Quality Tester has a water-resistant housing.
- Measurement Range: 0-9999 µS.
- The AP-2 has a push button digital calibration feature.
- The AP2 water tester has auto-off function, data-hold function and a low-battery indicator.
- AP-2 Display: Large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
- Factory Calibrated: The AquaPro is calibrated with a 700 µS solution. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
- A cap, storage case, and batteries are included.
- HM Digital AquaPro EC Water Quality Tester with Thermometer AP-2 Specs:
- Electrical Conductivity Range: 0-9999 µS.
- Temperature Range: 0-80 degrees C; 32-176 degrees F.
- Resolution: 1 µS.
- Temperature resolution: 0.1 degrees C/F.
- Accuracy: +/- 2%.
- Calibration: Digital calibration by push button.
- Housing: Water resistant.
- Power Source: 1 x 3V button cell (included) (model CR2032).
- Dimensions: 5.9" H x 1.1" W x 0.5" D.
- Weight: 1.5 Oz.
- Manufacturer: HM Digital AP-2
The AP-2 is also known by the following part numbers:
- HM Digital AquaPro AP-2 EC meter instructions:
- Full instructions for use of the AP-2 are included in the package.
- Measuring EC.
- Remove the sensor cap.
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter on. The display should always read zero in the air unless there is residual water on the electrodes.
- Immerse the meter into the water/solution up to the maximum immersion point (just over the logo).
- Lightly stir the meter to dislodge any air bubbles.
- You will immediately see the EC level on the screen (the top number) change. Allow the reading to stabilize for approximately 10 seconds. This is the EC level.
- To view the reading out of the water, press the HOLD button once. This will freeze the reading on the screen. To release the reading, press the HOLD button again. The reading will reset to zero.
- After usage, rinse the meter under tap water, turn off the power, shake any excess water from the meter, and replace the cap.
- Measuring Temperature.
- Remove the sensor cap.
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter on.
- The temperature is always displayed on the screen, whether submersed in liquid or in the air.
- To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius press the MODE button.
- Calibration Instructions.
- The AP-2 is factory calibrated. This means that it is ready to use right out of the box for the majority of applications. However, like all instruments, it may need to be tuned (calibrated) from time to time. Or, you may wish to re-calibrate the meter for certain testing applications.
- With normal usage and care, the AP-2 will retain its calibration for 1-2 years. You can determine if the AP-2 needs to be re-calibrated if you believe the readings are incorrect, or by testing the meter with a certified calibration solution.
- NOTE: If you are unsure about calibration, consult a professional. Also, do not switch the meter into calibration mode, unless you are certain you need to re-calibrate the meter. If you accidentally enter calibration mode, turn the meter off immediately to cancel the operation, so that you do not risk calibrating the meter to zero.
- Before attempting to re-calibrate the AP-2, make sure to have a certified bottle of calibration solution. Any brand will work. Never calibrate the meter to distilled or de-ionized water (below 2ppm) this will damage the meter permanently.
- Press the POWER button to turn the meter on. Dip the meter into the calibration solution. If the reading matches the value of the calibration solution, you do not need to re-calibrate the meter.
- If the reading does not match the calibration solution by more than 2%, press and hold the MODE button for four seconds. The temperature reading will switch to 'CAL'.
- Change the reading so that it matches the calibration solution. Raise the reading by pressing the UP (MODE) button. Lower the reading by pressing the DOWN (HOLD) button.
- Once the reading matches the calibration solution level, press and hold the MODE button again for four seconds until the temperature appears again. Your meter is now calibrated.