- Liquatec PM-3000 Handheld TDS Meter:
- The Liquatec PM-3000 TDS Pocket Meter measures total dissolved solids in water from 1 to 2,999 ppm.
- The PM-3000 Pocket TDS Meter comes with a plastic carrying case for easy transport and safe storage.
- With its extended range of 1-2,999 ppm, the Liquatec PM-3000 meter can work with most any well water application with out the need of two different meters.
- Obtain reliable and accurate measurements of your water source with the PM-3000. Ideal for water treatment as well as other industrial and commercial application. This model is lightweight and simple to operate.
- The PM-3000 auto shut-off function shuts the meter off automatically after 15 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
- The Liquatec PM-3000 TDS Meter display is a large and easy-to-read LCD screen.
- The Liquatec PM-3000 TDS Meter is factory calibrated so recalibration is not necessary for initial testing. Recalibration can be done easily with a watch screwdriver. Recalibration instructions are included with the TDS Meter.
- The Liquatec Total Dissolved Solids Meter can be used in the following applications:
1. Water Purification
2. Reverse Osmosis
5. Pool & Spa Maintenance
7. Plating Industry
8. Cooling Towers & Boilers
9. Photographic Labs
- Total Dissolved Solids Information:
- The EPA Secondary Regulations recommend a maximum contamination level (MCL) of 500mg/liter (500 parts per million (ppm)) for Total Dissolved Solids. Many water supplies exceed this TDS level. When TDS levels exceed 1000mg/L it is usually considered unfit for human use. After reverse osmosis, distillation, deionization, microfiltration, the TDS level should be less than 50 ppm.
- Test your incoming water supply and the treated water to determine how much Total Dissolved Solids are being removed from the water. At least 80% of the TDS in your water should be removed. If the TDS rejection is less than 80%, it is time to change your RO membrane.
The PM-3000 TDS Meter has been discontinued. Please purchase the alternate HM Digital ZT-2 TDS Meter below.
- Liquatec PM-3000 Pocket TDS Meter Specs:
- Auto Shut-Off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- TDS Range: 1-2,999 ppm
- Resolution: 1 ppm
- Accuracy: +/- 5% @77ºF (25ºC)
- Battery (included): Single 3V Lithium CR2032
- Battery Life: 30hrs
- Weight: 1.3oz (37g)
- Size(LxWxH): 5.8 x 1.2 x 0.6 in (146 x 30 x 15mm)
- Manufacturer: Liquatec PM-3000
- Liquatec PM-3000 Operating Instructions:
- Remove the probe cap, and press the button. The LCD will display "000".
- Dip the PM-3000 into the sample.
- Stir gently to remove any air bubbles, and then wait for the reading to stabilize. Remove the meter from water to obtain TDS reading. The meter has an auto reading hold function to keep reading on LCD until next measurement or power is off.
- During stabilization the TDS movement should be minimal.
- For a new measurement, press button to clear reading. The LCD will display "000".
- After measuring, gently shake the meter 2-3 times to remove any residual water from the probe before putting the cap on. The meter automatically shuts off after approximately 15 seconds from power-on.
- Always rinse the TDS meter with distilled water and dry after each test.
- To turn off the meter manually, press the button for approximately 3 seconds.
- Replace probe cap.
- TDS Meter Calibration Instructions:
- Use 130 ppm (NaCL) standard solution for calibrating.
- To Calibrate:
1. Remove the top cap from the probe.
2. Dip the PM-3000 into the calibrating solution and obtain a reading as described in the above instructions for operation.
3. Insert a small screwdriver into the calibration hole and adjust the display to read 130.
4. Rinse with distilled water and dry.
- To make the right solution to calibrate your device, you can use this conversion example:
If 200 grams of sodium chloride (table salt) were dissolved in 1000 liters of water you would produce a 200 ppm salt water solution. Or, 0.1 grams in 0.77 liters.
- Battery Replacement Instructions:
- The Liquatec PM-3000 comes with a battery. Change the battery when the LCD becomes dim.
- Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Install a new CR2032 battery, and make sure the battery is properly placed with "+" side out.
- Close the battery compartment. Then, press the button to check if LCD illuminates. If the LCD does not illuminate, check if battery is good or is properly installed, and then repeat the above steps.