MSR MIOX Water Purifier Features:
Developed in conjunction with the U.S. military, the MSR MIOX Purifier 56421 offers unrivaled ease of use and reliability for purifying large volumes of water, making it ideal for outdoor recreation, travel, and disaster-preparedness. Now with an improved technology, it works by creating a powerful dose of mixed oxidants (MIOX), which is then added to untreated water, inactivating viruses, bacteria, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium; which even iodine doesn't kill. And since the MIOX Purifier needs only common camera batteries (one set included) and salt to operate, it's maintenance-free, delivering more water, more easily than any purifier ever before. Each dose can purify up to 4 liters of water making it effective for extended trips and large groups. The compact size helps in easy portability making sure that you get pure and refreshing water without any hassle. Kit includes: MIOX Purifier, salt, batteries, safety-indicator strips, instructions, quick-reference card, and storage sack.
- Advanced Technology: Pocket-sized adaptation of municipal grade purification system.
- No Pumping: Just add water, shake, and press a button.
- No Iodine: No health risk or unpleasant iodine taste.
- High-Volume Efficiency: Small yet effective enough for large groups or extended trips.
- Reliable Purification: Inactivates all viruses, bacteria, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium and test strips assure effectiveness
The MSR MIOX Purifier 56421 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. You may still purchase the replacement MSR MIOX Purifier Test Strips/Salt 56426 below. For a new filtration system, purchase the MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter Water Filter 56425 below.