- Dow Corning 111 ORing Silicone Lubricant:
- The Dow Corning ORing Lubricant is food and beverage safe. It is FDA and NSF approved.
- Use the Dow Corning 111 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant on all brands of Water Filter Whole House Housing Rubber and Plastic O-Rings and Gaskets, all Reverse Osmosis System O-Rings, all Drinking Water Filtration Systems, all UltraViolet System O-Rings, and Water Softener and Carbon Water Filter O-Rings. This oring sealant is recommended for all water treatment o-rings and seals.
- The Dow Corning 111 Silicone Sealant is premium grade and can also be used in underwater photography cameras, scuba gear, lubrication for control and pressure plug valves, water softener and faucet valves, sealant for vacuum and pressure systems, sealant for outdoor equipment (also shipboard) subject to washing and harsh environment exposure: meters, electrical service entrance and underground connections, damping medium for dash pots in electrical and electronic equipment, used as an anti-stick and sealant for transformer gasket and equipment enclosures. It prevents gaskets from sticking to metal and resists weathering and water washout.
- The Dow Corning 111 Lubricant has a chemical barrier coating, good resistance to most chemicals, low vapor pressure, low volatility, and excellent water resistance.
- Should I use a lubricant on my O-Ring?
If you choose to reuse your water filter housing o-rings, you should use a lubricant on the o-rings to keep them effective. You should only use a special silicone lubricant.
- Do I need to lubricate the gasket on the filter cartridge?
Generally, no because each replacement filter cartridge comes with its own new gasket if one is needed. The rubber gasket is the top or bottom part of the replacement filter cartridge and is not the same as the oring.
- O-Ring Silicone Sealant Specs:
- Size: 5.3 oz. Tube
- Description: Silicone Grease
- Physical Form: Grease
- Composition: Silicone oil, Inorganic thickener, Additives
- Color: Translucent White
- Odor: Odorless
- Shelf Life: 1800 Days
- Wide service temperature range: -40°C to +200°C
- Regulations: FDA and NSF Approved
FDA (Food and Drug Administration) -> 21 CFR 175.300
NSF Standard 51
NSF Standard 61
- Manufacturer: Tier1 471507
The OR-LUBRICANT-LG is also known by the following part numbers:
- COMP-OR-LUBRICANT-LG, OR-LUBRICANT-LG
- O-Ring Silicone Lubricant Instructions:
- First, wipe your old O-Ring clean. Then wipe the groove in the filter housing clean. Finally, apply enough lubricant on the O-Ring to give it a gloss. The ORing is ready to place back in the housing.
- If the O-Ring is bent, crimped, or showing signs of wear, you should replace the oring.