- Omni K2 Filter Installation Kit:
- The OmniFilter K2 Undersink Filter Installation Kit can be used with OmniFilter models OB1, OB5, and R14.
- The Omni K2 is an installation kit to use with filter cartridge housings that have 3/4" inlet/outlet and use 3/8" copper tubing.
- The Omni K2 is for use with 3/8" copper tubing.
- Use the Under Sink Water Filter Installation Kit for easy installation of OMNIBASIC and OMNIREGULAR water filters.
- The Omni K-2 Kit includes mounting bracket, plastic tubing and installation hardware.
- This Sink Kit will fit standard 3/8" (O.D.) copper water line only. Other size or type water lines require different unions.
- The OmniSink Kit comes with complete installation instructions including diagrams.
- Manufacturer: OmniFilter K2
- The OmniFilter K2 Installation Kit can be used with:
- OmniRegular Basic Under-Sink Water Filter Model R-14.
- OmniBasic Economical, Basic Under-Sink Water Filter Model OB-2.
- OmniBasic Economical, Basic Under-Sink Water Filter Model OB-1.
- Any brand housing with 3/4" inlet/outlet and using 3/8" copper tubing.
- The OmniFilter K2 Installation Instructions:
- Do not install on hot water line. Install on COLD water line only.
- Do not install on line pressures above 125 psi (8.8 kPa).
- Before starting installation, turn off cold water valve under sink. Then turn on cold water faucet to release pressure.
- Step 1: Attach mounting bracket to filter using the four supplied 1/2" bracket screws.
- Step 2:Connect fittings to filter by screwing fittings into sides of filter housing. Tighten fittings to last thread (until nut touches filter head). Do not over tighten.
- Step 3: Use a tube cutter to cut cold water line. Gently bend and separate cut lines. Be careful not to kink water line. Locate end of union with brass ring. Push this end onto copper water line as far as it will go (about 1/2"). Repeat for remaining union. Use a wrench to tighten both unions to water lines. Do not over tighten.
- Step 4: Cut plastic tubing into two pieces. Push a brass insert into each end of cut tubing.
- Step 5: Connect flexible tubing to union on supply water line. Connect flexible tubing to union on faucet water line. Connect tubing from supply water line to fitting on "IN" side of filter. Connect tubing from faucet water line to fitting on "OUT" side of filter. When connecting tubing to unions, push tubing in as far as it will go (about 1/2") and tighten nut.
- Step 6: Secure filter mounting bracket to wall using two 3/4" mounting screws (not included). If necessary, use screw anchors (not included) to secure filter. Allow 2-1/2" clearance below the filter for easy filter replacement.
- Turn on cold water supply and check for leaks. If leaks occur, turn off water valve under sink and use a wrench to tighten fitting(s) at leak(s). Do not over tighten.