100 Ft. Coil. No Returns.
- 1/2" CTS PEX Tubing for Plumbing Applications:
- This PEX tube is 1/2" CTS (Copper Tube Size) Inside Diameter. It is 5/8" Outside Diameter. The bend radius is 5".
- PEX (or crosslinked polyethylene) is part of a water supply piping system that has several advantages over metal pipe (copper, iron, lead) or rigid plastic pipe (PVC, CPVC, ABS) systems. It is flexible, resistant to scale and chlorine, doesn't corrode or develop pinholes, is faster to install than metal or rigid plastic, and has fewer connections and fittings.
- PEX is cross-linked polyethylene. Through one of several processes, links between polyethylene molecules are formed to create bridges (thus the term "cross-linked). This resulting material is more durable under temperature extremes, chemical attack, and better resists creep deformation, making PEX an excellent material for hot water and other applications.
- PEX is ideally suited for potable water plumbing applications. It is flexible, making it easy to install and service. PEX is able to withstand the high and low temperatures found in plumbing and heating applications, and is highly resistant to chemicals found in the plumbing environment.
- Flexible PEX systems are quieter than rigid piping. PEX systems have fewer joints and are easier to install providing a lower cost installation over traditional plumbing materials.
- PEX's strength at temperatures ranging from below freezing up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit makes it an ideal piping material for hot and cold water plumbing systems, hydronic radiant heating systems, snow melting applications, and, even ice rinks and refrigeration warehouses.
- WaterPEX® Tubing is also known as Sea Tech PEX Tubing and Aquapex® Tubing and is available in multiple colors for ease of water line identification.
- PEX is included in all of the major model plumbing codes used in the United States and Canada, CSA, IAPMO, SBCCI, BOCA, ICBO, IPC and NSPC, and approved by HUD for hot and cold potable water plumbing use.
- PEX is designed for indoor and buried applications only. PEX Tubing should not be exposed to direct sunlight for any extended period of time.
- 1/2" CTS PEX Tube Information:
- PEX Tubing is suitable for use with hot or cold water.
- PEX Tubing can be used with steel, copper, PVC, annd CPVC Plumbing pipe.
- PEX is the most flexible plumbing pipe available. PEX flexibility allows it to expand and contract more than other types of piping which makes PEX more burst-resistant.
- Manufacturer: Watts Flowmatic WPFP08
- 1/2" CTS PEX Tube Installation:
- PEX is flexible, making it easy to install and service. It can bend around most corners without a fitting or coupling. For example, 3/8" pipe may be bent to a 4" radius and 1/2" pipe to a 5" radius.
- The flexibility of PEX allows it to be supplied in coils meaning installations under the slab can be made in a single, continuous length without the need for fittings. PEX is not affected by concrete, (it is commonly encased in concrete for radiant floor heating). PEX, however, must be sleeved when penetrating a slab.