- PUR FM-9600 Faucet Water Filter System:
- The PUR FM-9600 faucet system has a built-in electronic filter indicator that shows how much filter life remains and when to replace it.
- The PUR FM-9600 faucet filter installs easily in minutes on all standard faucets and without tools. The system has an easy on/off feature.
- The PUR FM-9600 filter provides up to 100 gallons (378 Liters) or 2-3 months of high quality water.
- How the PUR FM-9600 Filter Works:
Stage 1: Added layer to trap sediment.
Stage 2: Contaminant removal. Activated Carbon Microfilter - The activated carbon filter removes 99.9% of the microbial cysts Cryptosporidium and Giardia. In addition, reduces Lead, Asbestos, Benzene, MTBE and TTHMs.
Stage 3: Filtered over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- The replacement filter for this PUR FM-9600 faucet filter system is the PUR RF-9999 faucet filter.
The replacement filter for the PUR FM-9600 faucet water filter system is the PUR RF-9999
faucet filter. You can purchase this replacement filter below.
Filter Life: 3 months or 100 gallons
Size: 6 1/2 inches (length) x 3 1/2 inches (height) x 7 inches (width)
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
- Manufacturer: PUR FM-9600
The FM-9600B is also known by the following part numbers:
- Remove the faucet aerator and old washer
- Choose a faucet adapter by selecting the faucet thread style that best matches your faucet
- Ensure rubber washer is inside threaded end of faucet adapter and hand tighten
- Twist front cover off PUR faucet filter unit and insert filter (note: filter will fit loosely in the unit) and replace the cover
- Attach the filter unit to your faucet with the PUR logo facing the front by pushing the unit up until you hear it click onto the faucet
- Run cold water for 5 minutes with the faucet set to the filtered position to flush the filter cartridge (it is normal to see cloudy water and loose materials, or hear air forced out of the filter while flushing the cartridge)
- For filtered water push down on the water switch (do not run this position with hot water)
- For unfiltered water pull up on the water switch (it is okay to run hot water in the filter-off position
Resetting your 'change filter' indicator:
- Installing the new filter cartridge automatically resets the filter life indicator light