- Pentek BBFS-222 Triple Housing Water Filter System:
- The BBFS-222 Water Filter System includes three large capacity #20 Big Blue housings with a 1 inch inlet/outlet for greater water filter cartridge capacity and higher flow rates with minimal pressure drop.
- The Pentek BBFS-222 multiple housing system includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware.
- The BBFS-222 water filtration system has a pressure relief button to relieve housing pressure when replacing the water filter cartridges. Replacement pressure relief button kits can be purchased here.
- The BBFS-222 big blue filter systems are shipped completely pre-assembled. Water filters are sold separately. This allows you to purchase the best water filters for your water supply.
- All of the big blue housings are manufactured with durable polypropylene, have excellent chemical resistance and are ideal for many residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Home Applications: Rust Particles, Iron (insoluable), Sediment, Taste/Odor, Taste/Odor
- Commercial Applications: Deionization, Coalescing, Combination, Sediment/Rust Particles, Taste/Odor, Duplexing
- Industrial Applications: Step-down Filtration, Circulating Baths, Plating, Batch Treatments, Color Reduction, Organic Reduction, Cooling Towers, Pre RO Filtration, Duplexing
- Whole House housings extend the life of washing machines, water heaters, and other household appliances.
- Ideal for homes, farms, private wells, restaurants, swimming pools, spas, and trickle irrigation.
- Leaking is prevented by the dynamically sealing O-Ring. The O-Ring should be replaced periodically to prevent leaks.
- BBFS-222 Water Filter System Product Manual
- BBFS-222 Filtration System Filter Cartridges:
- The first two housings may be used for sediment reduction. The first housing can be used for a higher micron sediment filter and the second housing can be used for a lower micron sediment filter. The third housing can be used for the carbon taste and odor water filter. An example application is the first housing containing a DGD-7525-20 filter, the 2nd housing containing a DGD-5005-20 filter, and the 3rd housing containg a carbon filter such as the RFC-20BB to improve the taste and odor.
- By installing the sediment filter first, the carbon filter will last longer because it does not get clogged with sediment. Since carbon filters are more expensive, it is better to have the sediment filter first that needs to be replaced more often.
- Pentek BBFS-222 Water Filter System Specs:
- Dimensions of the System: 23-1/4" x 8-1/2" x 26-1/2" (591 mm x 216 mm x 673 mm)
- Maximum Temperature: 100°F (37.8°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 90 psi (6.2 bar)
- Flow Rate* GPM (L/min): up to 40 gpm (151.4 L/min)
*Actual flow rate may vary and is dependent on the water filter cartridge used.
- Pentek BBFS-222 Three Housing Water Filter System Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Polypropylene
- Cap: Polypropylene
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Bracket: Powder Coated Carbon Steel
- Manufacturer: Pentek 160168
- BBFS-222 Water Filtration System Replacement Water Filter Information:
- The water filter cartridges are not included with the housing. This allows you to purchase the best water filters for your water supply.
- The water filter cartridge life depends on the water filter cartridge purchased, the quality of your water, and the amount of water used. You will know when to change the filter cartridge when your water pressure drops.
- Sediment water filters reduce dirt, sand, silt, sediment, rust particles, and scale particles. Choose from our sediment water filters at the 20" x 4.5" Big Blue Filter Page.
- Drinking water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water by reducing chlorine taste and odor and other contaminants. Choose from our carbon drinking water filters at the 20" x 4.5" Big Blue Filter Page.
- Most Popular Water Filters for the BBFS-222 Filtration System:
- Purchase One Higher Micron Sediment Filter:
DGD-7525-20 25 Micron Sediment Filter (Recommended for well water and chlorinated water)
- Purchase One Lower Micron Sediment Filter
DGD-5005-20 5 Micron Sediment Filter (Recommended for well water and chlorinated water)
ECP5-20BB 5 Micron Pleated Filter (Recommended for chlorinated water only)
- Purchase One Carbon Filter:
RFC-20BB 25 micron Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction Water Filter
- Recommended Parts & Accessories:
- Replacement OR-100 O-Rings. Three o-rings are included with the housing purchase, but you should replace the o-rings periodically to prevent leaks.
- Use silicone grease to lubricate the o-rings to prevent leaking.
- Use the SW-4 housing wrench to remove the sumps. The wrench should NOT be used to tighten the sumps back onto the cap. Tightening may cause damage to the o-rings.
- If needed, replacement pressure relief button kits can be purchased.
- 20" (508 mm) Big Blue sumps are interchangeable with 10" (254 mm) Big Blue sumps if you would prefer a smaller housing sump.
- BBFS-222 Water Filter System Installation Information:
- Easy to install BBFS-222 Whole House Water Filter System. The housing is 23-1/4" x 8-1/2" x 26-1/2" (591 mm x 216 mm x 673 mm). You will need to allow slightly more room in addition to the housing dimensions for installation.
- 1" inlet/outlet for easy installation on a cold water line.
- If a 3/4" or 1.5" inlet/outlet is needed, you must purchase three of the #20 Big Blue housings with a triple mounting bracket. There is no 3/4" or 1.5" inlet/outlet available for the BBFS-222 System.
- NOTE: When installed, protect housing against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and water leakage.
- General Housing Installation Instructions