- Pentek BFS-201 Slim Line Water Filter System:
- The BFS-201 Water Filter System includes two #10 slim line housings with a 3/8 inch inlet/outlet.
- The Pentek BFS-201 multiple housing system includes wall-mounting bracket and hardware.
- The BFS-201 water filtration system has a pressure relief button to relieve housing pressure when replacing the water filter cartridges. Replacement pressure relief button kits can be purchased here.
- The BFS-201 filter systems are shipped completely pre-assembled. Water filters are sold separately. This allows you to purchase the best water filters for your water supply.
- Leaking is prevented by the dynamically sealing O-Ring. The O-Ring should be replaced periodically to prevent leaks.
- BFS-201 Filtration System Product Manual
- BFS-201 Filtration System Filter Cartridges:
- The first housing is best used for sediment reduction. The second housing is best used for a carbon filter to improve taste and odor and reduce additional contaminants. By installing the sediment filter first, the carbon filter will last longer because it does not get clogged with sediment. Since carbon filters are more expensive, it is better to have the sediment filter first that needs to be replaced more often.
- Pentek BFS-201 Water Filter System Specs:
- Dimensions of the System: 10-1/2" x 5-1/4" x 14" (267 mm x 133 mm x 356 mm)
- Maximum Temperature: 100°F (37.8°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 125 psi (8.62 bar)
- Flow Rate* GPM (L/min): up to 10 gpm (37.9 L/min)
*Actual flow rate may vary and is dependent on the water filter cartridge used.
- Pentek BFS-201 Water Filtration System Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Polypropylene
- Cap: Polypropylene
- O-Rings: Buna-N
- Bracket: Powder Coated Carbon Steel
- Manufacturer: Pentek 160196
- BFS-201 Water Filter System Replacement Water Filter Information:
- The water filter cartridges are not included with the housing. This allows you to purchase the best water filter for your water supply.
- The water filter cartridge life depends on the water filter cartridge purchased, the quality of your water, and the amount of water used. You will know when to change the filter cartridge when your water pressure drops.
- Sediment water filters reduce dirt, sand, silt, sediment, rust particles, and scale particles. Choose from one of our sediment water filters at the 10" x 2.5" Water Filter Page.
- Drinking water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water by reducing chlorine taste and odor and other contaminants. Choose from one of our carbon drinking water filters at the 10" x 2.5" Water Filter Page.
- Most Popular Water Filters for the BFS-201 Filtration System:
- Purchase One Sediment Filter:
P5 5 Micron Sediment Filter (Recommended for well water and chlorinated water)
ECP5-10 5 Micron Pleated Filter (Recommended for chlorinated water only)
- Purchase One Carbon Filter:
CBC-10 0.5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor and Cyst Reduction Carbon Block Filter
CBR2-10R 0.5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odor, Cyst, and Lead Reduction Filter
GAC-10 20 micron Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction Water Filter
- Recommended Parts & Accessories:
- Replacement OR-38 O-Rings. Two o-rings are included with the housing purchase, but you should replace the o-rings periodically to prevent leaks.
- Use silicone grease to lubricate the o-rings to prevent leaking.
- Use the SW-1 housing wrench to remove the sumps. The wrench should NOT be used to tighten the sumps back onto the cap. Tightening may cause damage to the o-rings.
- If needed, replacement pressure relief button kits can be purchased.
- BFS-201 Water Filtration System Installation Information:
- Easy to install BFS-201 Whole House Water Filter System. The housing is 10-1/2" x 5-1/4" x 14" (267 mm x 133 mm x 356 mm). You will need to allow slightly more room in addition to the housing dimensions for installation.
- 3/8" inlet/outlet for easy installation on a cold water line.
- If a 3/4" inlet/outlet is needed, you must purchase the HF-360 housing. There is no 3/4" inlet/outlet available for the BFS-201 System.
- NOTE: When installed, protect housing against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and water leakage.
- General Housing Installation Instructions