- Ametek / Pentek C8 Water Filters:
- The Pentek C8 water filter is a Nominal 1 micron Pentek C8 Dual Purpose Powdered-Activated Carbon Water Filter Cartridges.
- The Pentek C-8 water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek C8 filter cartridge provides sediment filtration, bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Pentek C8 water filter has a high dirt-holding capacity.
- The Pentek C8 water filter is recommended for chlorinated water supplies.
- The Ametek C8 cartridges offer an economical solution for all of your general-purpose water filtration needs. Constructed of a carbon impregnated cellulose media, these dual-purpose cartridges filter out fine sediment particles and reduce unwanted taste, odor and chlorine taste and odor from your tap water.
- The Pentek C-8 water filter has a polyester reinforcement backing and external netting that provides additional strength and dirt-loading capacity.
- The Pentek C8 water filter dual-purpose cartridges are well suited for a wide range of residential applications, and make excellent polishing filters when used in process or closed-loop streams.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Some harmless bacteria will attack cellulose media cartridges. If your cartridge seems to disintegrate, or has a musty or moldy odor, switch to a synthetic media cartridge or consult the manufacturer.
- NOTE: Increased flow rates may result in less effective chlorine reduction.
- Pentek C-8 Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 2-5/8" (248 mm x 67 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 1 Micron
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 145°F (4.4° C to 62.8°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
5.0 psi @ 5 gpm (0.3 bar 19 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>5,000 gallons @ 1 gpm (>18,900 liters @ 3.8 L/min)
NOTE: Estimated capacity tested at given flow rate using 2 ppm free available chlorine to 0.5 ppm breakthrough.
- Pentek C8 Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: PAC Impregnated Cellulose
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Core: Polypropylene
- Reinforcement Backing: Polyester
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155220-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek C8 filter:
- 155220 Pentek C8 filter fits in housings for 10 inch water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 10" Standard Whole House Water Filter System
- Fits Culligan HF-360 Whole House Water Filter System