NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL SALE IN CALIFORNIA
- Ametek / Pentek CBC-20BB Water Filter:
- Nominal 0.5 micron Pentek CBC20-BB Carbon Briquette Water Filter Cartridges
- Pentek CBC-20BB water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek CBC-20BB reduces 99.5% of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba,and Toxoplasmacysts (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Pentek CBC-20BB filter cartridge has premium high capacity bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction.
- Pentek CBC-20BB water filters have enhanced dirt holding capacity.
- The Pentek CBC-20BB filter's unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts and fine sediment particles down to 0.5 microns (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- Ametek CBC-20BB water filter cartridges are an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications. They also make excellent polishing filters or pre-filters in applications requiring fine filtration and high capacity.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: US Filter CBC-20BB filter cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size.
- NOTE: CBC20-BB filter cartridges are capable of reducing 99.95% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.
- CBC Series cartridges say "Not for residential sale in the state of California" on the filter label because they have not been submitted to California for testing. This is an expensive testing process that Pentair has chosen not to undergo at this time in order to keep the cost of the filters down.
- 90% of Chlorine
- 99.5% of Cryptosporidium
- 99.5% of Giardia
- 99.5% of Entamoeba
- 99.5% of Toxoplasmacysts
- Pentek CBC-20BB Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 20" x 4-5/8" (508 mm x 117 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 0.5 Micron
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 180°F (4.4°C to 82.2°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
8.5 psi @ 4 gpm (0.59 bar @ 15.1 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>150,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (>567,800 liters @ 15.1 L/min)
NOTE: Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) with greater than 90% reduction.
- Pentek CBC20-BB Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155312-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek CBC-20BB water filters:
- 155312 Pentek CBC-20BB filter fits in housings for 20 inch Big Blue water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 20" Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System