NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL SALE IN CALIFORNIA
- Ametek / Pentek CBC-5 Water Filter:
- Nominal 0.5 micron Pentek CBC-5 Carbon Briquette Water Filter Cartridges
- Pentek CBC-5 water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek CBC-5 reduces 99.5% of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba,and Toxoplasmacysts (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Pentek CBC-5 filter cartridge has premium high capacity bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction.
- Pentek CBC-5 water filters have enhanced dirt holding capacity.
- The Pentek CBC-5 filter's unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Toxoplasma cysts and fine sediment particles down to 0.5 microns (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- Ametek CBC-5 water filter cartridges are an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications. They also make excellent polishing filters or pre-filters in applications requiring fine filtration and high capacity.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: US Filter CBC-5 filter cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- NOTE: Micron ratings based on 85% or greater removal of given particle size.
- NOTE: CBC Series cartridges are capable of reducing 99.95% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts. Data obtained from actual particle counts using AC Fine Test Dust and Latex spheres.
- CBC Series cartridges say "Not for residential sale in the state of California" on the filter label because they have not been submitted to California for testing. This is an expensive testing process that Pentair has chosen not to undergo at this time in order to keep the cost of the filters down.
- 99.5% of Cysts
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Pentek CBC-5 Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 4-7/8" x 2-7/8" (124 mm x 73 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 0.5 Micron
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 180°F (4.4°C to 82.2°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
7.0 psi @ 1 gpm (0.48 bar @ 3.8 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>3,000 gallons @ 1 gpm (>11,400 liters @ 3.8 L/min)
NOTE: Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine (FAC) with greater than 90% reduction.
- Pentek CBC-5 Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Inner/Outer Wraps: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155169-43
- Pentek CBC-5 Water Filter Housings:
- 155169 Pentek CBC-5 filter fits in 5 inch housings.
- Culligan Recreational Vehicle, Marine, and Under Sink US-316 White Water Filter System (3/8" Inlet/Outlet)
- Pentek 158110 Clear Water Filter Housing (3/8" Inlet/Outlet)
- Pentek 158133 Clear Water Filter Housing (1/4" Inlet/Outlet)
- Pentek 158002 Blue Water Filter Housing (3/8" Inlet/Outlet)
- Pentek 158138 Blue Water Filter Housing (1/4" Inlet/Outlet)