NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL SALE IN CALIFORNIA
- Ametek / Pentek CBR2-10 Water Filter Cartridge:
- Nominal 0.5 micron Pentek CBR2-10 Carbon Briquette Multimedia Water Filter Cartridges.
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filter is an advanced multimedia cartridge designed to reduce chlorine taste and odor, dissolved and particulate lead, cysts, MTBE and certain volatile organic chemicals (VOCs).
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filter cartridge reduces lead through 2,000 gallons, reduces VOC's and reduces MTBE.*
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filters reduce 99.95% reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasmacysts.*
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filter is a premium high capacity chlorine taste & odor reduction filter through more than 20,000 gallons.*
- Enhanced dirt holding capacity.*
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filter cartridges are manufactured using a patented process, and combine powdered activated carbon (PAC) with a specially designed adsorbent medium for lead and mercury reduction.
- The Pentek CBR210 cartridges are protected by Endurawrap™, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate prefilter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges.
- In addition to lead reduction, the unique structure of the carbon block enables it to reduce Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma cysts and fine sediment particles down to 0.5 microns. Both the Pentek CBR2-10 filter and the Pentek CBR2-10R filter are effective at reducing levels of chlorine taste & odor, MTBE, and VOCs.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related contaminant reduction claims.
- NOTE: Chlorine and lead reduction tests conducted by Pentair Water Treatment at 0.6 gallons per minute with a Pentek Slim Line® (SL) housing.
- NOTE: Meets NSF Standard 42 for chlorine taste & odor reduction. (Based on manufacturer’s internal testing)
- What is the difference between the Pentek CBR2-10 and Pentek CBR2-10R Water Filter Cartridge?
- The Pentek CBR2-10 water filter has a higher flow rate than the Pentek CBR2-10R water filter. The Pentek CBR2-10R has a built-in flow restrictor (0.6 gpm) to allow for maximum contact time. Since the flow rate is restricted, the Pentek CBR2-10R filter is better for under sink drinking water systems and not whole house systems.
- The Pentek CBR2-10R has a built-in flow restrictor (0.6 gpm) to allow for maximum contact time. The Pentek CBR2-10 does NOT have this flow restrictor.
- Why are the Pentek CBR2-10 and Pentek CBR2-10R Water Filter Cartridges marked "Not for residential sale in the state of California"?
- CBR2 Series cartridges say "Not for residential sale in the state of California" on the filter label because they have not been submitted to California for testing. This is an expensive testing process that Pentair has chosen not to undergo at this time in order to keep the cost of the filters down.
- The KX Matrikx 06-250-125-975 filter is a lead reduction filter that is for residential sale in California.
- Particulates (Class I)
- Bad Taste and Odor
- 99.95% of Cysts
- Pentek CBR2-10 Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 2-7/8" (247 mm x 73 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 0.5 Micron
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 165°F (4.4° C to 73.9°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
15.0 psi @ 1.0 gpm (1.0 bar @ 3.8 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>20,000 gal @ 1.0 gpm (>75,700 liters @ 3.8 L/min)
- VOC* gal @ gpm =
600 @ 0.6 (2,270 L @ 2.3 L/min)
- MTBE* gal @ gpm =
500 @ 0.6 (1,890 L @ 2.3 L/min)
- Cyst Reduction*†: > 99.95%
- Lead & Mercury Reduction:
2,000 gallons @ 0.6 gpm (7,570 L @ 3.8 L/min)
- *NOTE: Based on manufacturer’s internal testing.
- † NOTE: Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma cyst claim based on tests showing greater than 99.95% reduction using NSF Standard 53 protocol.
- Pentek CBR2-10 Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Wrap: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155268-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek CBR2-10 water filters:
- 155268 Pentek CBR2-10 filter fits in housings for 10 inch water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 10" Standard Whole House Water Filter System
- Fits Culligan HF-360 Whole House Water Filter System
- The CBR2-10 Pentek Filter Replaces:
- Sears Kenmore 34377 Water Filter
- Whirlpool WHKF-DB2 / WHKFDB2 Water Filter