- Ametek / Pentek EPM-20 Water Filter:
- The Pentek EPM-20 water filter is a Nominal 10 micron Modified Epsilon Carbon-Briquette Water Filter Cartridge.
- The Pentek EPM-20 filter cartridge reduces bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Pentek EPM-20 replacement filter cartridge has low pressure drop.
- The Pentek EPM-20 filter cartridges are a modified version of the “EP Series” cartridge. An economical price makes this cartridge suitable for taste, odor and chlorine taste & odor reduction, as well as sediment filtration. When greater chlorine taste & odor reduction is needed, use the EP-20 water filter.
- The Ametek EPM-20 water filter cartridges are manufactured using a patented process that yields a cartridge with a nominal 10-micron filtration rating, high porosity and chlorine taste & odor reduction. The high porosity design helps prevent the cartridge from plugging before its adsorption capability is exhausted, maximizing the utilization of the carbon while maintaining low pressure drop.
- The Pentek EPM-20 filter cartridges are protected by Endurawrap™, a uniquely formulated polyolefin bilaminate pre-filter, designed to significantly increase the useful life of the cartridge by trapping sediment that typically plugs carbon block cartridges.
- The Pentek EPM-20 cartridges are manufactured entirely from FDA-compliant materials making them an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder) and a new cartridge after installation should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water.
- NOTE: Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions.
- NOTE: When greater chlorine taste & odor reduction is needed, use the EP-20 water filter.
- The Pentek EPM-20 filter is the same as Everpure EV910971 and Everpure DEV910971.
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Pentek EPM-20 Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 20" x 2-7/8" (508mm x 73mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 10 Micron
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 180°F (4.4° C to 82.2°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
1.0 psi @ 2 gpm (0.07 bar @ 7.6 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>6,000 gallons @ 2 gpm (>22,700 liters @ 7.6 L/min)
NOTE: Based on manufacturer’s internal testing.
- Pentek EPM-20 Carbon Briquette Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Bonded PAC
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Wrap: Polyolefin
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Gaskets: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155635-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek EPM-20 water filters:
- 155635 Pentek EPM20 filter fits in standard and Slim Line housings for 20 inch water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 20" Standard Whole House Water Filter System