- Pentek MG-10T Microguard Membrane Filter Cartridge:
- The Pentek MG-10T water filter has a triple membrane element.
- The Pentek MicroGuard MG-10T triple-element cartridge, MG-10T, is uniquely constructed with three membrane elements integrally sealed into one common cartridge design. This unique design allows for higher flow rates and longer life while still providing bacteria and cyst reduction, and is ideal for applications up to five gallons-per-minute. The life of the Pentek MG-10T can be extended using Pentek carbon block or sediment pre-filtration water filters.
- The Pentek MG-10T filter cartridge has absolute 0.15 micron particle retention for bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction.
- The Pentek MG-10MCB filter reduces 99.9999% of bacteria (> 6 Log) and 99.99% of cysts (> 4 Log)
- The Pentek MG-10MCB Membrane Filter has a double O-ring end cap for absolute sealing in American Plumber / Pentek Seal-Safe 3G filter housings.
- The Pentek MG-10MCB MicroGuard™ membrane filters provide reliable bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction for safer and cleaner drinking water without incorporating chemicals into the media or adding chemicals to the filtered water.
- The MicroGuard cartridges do not require USEPA registration and their effectiveness is not susceptible to common substances normally found in some waters, e.g., hydrogen sulfide (H2S), natural organic matter (NOM) and total dissolved solids (TDS).
- Recommended pre-filtration for the Pentek MG-10T membrane-only cartridges: EP-10, CBC-10 or PD-1-934
- Advantages of the Pentek Microguard technology:
- Removes bacteria, cysts and other particles down to 0.15 micron in size
- Requires only normal water line pressure to operate
- No electrical power required (except for accessory pump, if needed for pressure)
- Protects even with power outages or intermittent power
- No waste water or brine/concentrate flushing
- Retains natural mineral content of water
- Protects against unexpected bacteria and cysts in the water system due to water main breaks, water treatment plant failure during floods and power outages
- High surface area and high tolerance to plugging
- Low pressure drop with high flow rate
- Protection not susceptible to common substances in water, such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S), natural organic matter (NOM) and total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Bacteria and cyst removal does not rely on chemicals
- Point of Use Applications for the Pentek Microguard MG-10MCB Water Filter:
- Under sink, separate tap
- Water for – oral care, food preparation, hand washing, sanitary applications
- Offices, restaurants
- Coffee makers
The MG-10T has been discontinued. Please contact us
for help finding a replacement filter suitable for your specific housing and filtration needs.
- Pentek MG-10T Microguard Water Filter Performance:
- Bacteria Reduction: > 99.9999% (> 6-Log), challenged with > 50,000,000 organisms per 100 mL.
Organism: Brevundimonas diminuta (0.2 micron in size).
Method: modified USEPA Guide Standard and Protocol for Water Purifiers, 1987
- Cyst Reduction: > 99.95% (> 3.3-Log), challenged with > 50,000 microspheres per mL.
Method: NSF/ANSI Standard 53, surrogate cyst procedure using 3.0 micron latex microspheres.
NOTE: Feed level limits reduction claim for cysts to no greater than 99.95% (3.3-Log) reduction.
- Pentek MG-10T Microguard Membrane Filter Specs:
- Dimensions: 10.308" (262 mm) L x 3.000" (76 mm) W
- Micron Rating: 0.15 Absolute
- Water Temperature Range: 40-140°F (4.4-60°C)
- Pressure Differential: 115 psi (7.93 bar), max.
- Storage Temperature Range: 35-104°F (4.4-40°C)
- pH Range: 2-12
- Operating Pressure Range: 30-115 psi (2.1-7.93 bar)
- Water Turbidity: < 1 NTU
- Recommended Flow Rate: 3 GPM
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): 13 psid @ 3 GPM (0.9 bar @ 11.4 LPM)
- Estimated Capacities: 600-1,800 gallons (2,300-6,800 L)
- Pentek MG-10T Membrane Filter Materials of Construction:
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Membrane assembly: Polystyrene, epoxy resin
- O-ring seals: EPDM
- Manufacturer: Pentek 255419-43
- Use the Pentek MG-10T Water Filter in the following Filtration Systems:
- American Plumber / Ametek / Pentek / Plymouth Products / USFilter 3G Housings