- Pentek MPST-1.5 Multi-Purpose Filter Housing:
- The Pentek MPST-1.5 Multi-Purpose housing uses 4-1/2" W x 20" L filter cartridges and can easily be converted to use an 18" bag filter.
- The Pentek MPST-1.5 housing is a 304 stainless steel housing that allows the use of either a filter cartridge or a bag filter. The unit is supplied as a cartridge filter housing, but with the purchase of a Pentek 243111 conversion kit, the housing can quickly be switched over to a bag filter housing.
- You can start with a filter cartridge and switch to a low cost bag easily and quickly with no piping changes, saving money and down time.
- Since housings have gauge ports, differential pressure gauges can be used to easily tell when the cartridge or bag should be changed. The Pentek 143550 color gauge or the Pentek 143549 needle gauge can be used with the MPST-1 system.
- The Pentek MPST-1 system can be used in any high temperature, high-pressure applications for cartridges or bag filters.
- The unique Snap Band Clamp allows for quick cartridge or bag change outs to reduce down time. Allows quick access to the cartridge or bag filter.
- The MPST-1 adjustable leg stand and bottom outlet eases installation and allows for flexible installation. There is a side drain plug for easy cleaning.
- The Pentek MPST-1 is manufactured with 304 Stainless steel and powder coated inside and out to resist dirt and scale.
- The Pentek MPST-1 housing accommodates 50 gpm flow rate, temperatures up to 250° F, and pressure rated to 150 psi.
- Pentek MPST-1.5 Product Manual
- Pentek MPST-1.5 Multi-Purpose Housing Uses:
Water Treatment Filtration
Whole House Filtration
Food & Beverage
- Pentek MPST-1.5 Cartridge Housing Specs:
- Maximum Flow Rate**: 50 gpm (189 L/min)
- Dimensions: 29" H x 6-3/8" W (737 mm x 162 mm) (Height does not include stand.)
- Pipe Size (NPT): 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Maximum Temperature: 250 ēF (121 ēC)
- Maximum Pressure: 150 psi (10.34 bar)
- Pentek MPST-1.5 Filter Housing Materials of Construction:
- Housing: 304 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Epoxy
- Sealing Gasket: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 156237
- Pentek MPST-1 Cartridge Housing Replacement Filters:
- The Pentek MPST-1 Multi-Purpose housing is a sold as a cartridge housing. The 20" L x 4.5" W double open end big blue water filter cartridges should be used in this system. Select any of the 20" L x 4.5" W DOE water filters here.
- A couple of recommended water filters are the 5 micron DGD-5005-20 polypropylene water filter and the ECP5-20BB 5 micron pleated water filter. The ECP5-20BB should not be used on well water.
- NOTE: Then Pentek MPST-1 will not accept model GAC 20BB, BBF1-20BB, WS-20BB or CRFC-20BB cartridges because they are not double open end.
- Pentek MPST-1 Bag Filter Housing Replacement Filter Bags:
- NOTE: Bag filter conversion kit Pentek 243111 sold separately.
- If you would like to use the Pentek MPST-1.5 as a bag filter housing, you must purchase the Pentek 243111 Bag Filter Conversion Kit which is sold separately. The conversion kit will allow you to use the MPST-1.5 as a filter bag housing.
- Use Pentek Size #420 Filter Bags. Size #420 filter bags are 4.1" W x 18" L.
- Some recommended filter bags are the Pentek BP-420-5 filter bags and the Pentek BP-420-100 filter bags.
- Pentek MPST-1 Optional Pressure Gauges:
- The Pentek 143549 is a needle differential pressure gauge. The needle points to international standard colors to determine when cartridges should be changed.
Green (clean) 0-6 psid
Yellow (change) 6-9 psid
Red (dirty) 9-12 psid
- The Pentek 143550 is a color change differential pressure gauge. The green and red colors indicate when filter cartridges should be changed.
Green (clean) 0-7 psid
Red (change) 7-10 psid
- Pentek MPST-1.5 Water Filter Housing Instructions:
- If pressure exceeds 150 psi (10.34 bar) at any time, a pressure regulator must be used.
- Protect against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and water leakage.
- Not recommended for applications with TDS or chlorides >1000 ppm and/or pH <5.0. Use of this product in these conditions will void the limited warranty.