- Pentek / USFilter / Ametek NCP-BB Water Filter:
- The Pentek NCP-BB is a Nominal 10 micron Non-Cellulose Carbon-Impregnated Pleated Water Filter Cartridge.
- The Pentek NCP-BB filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek NCP-BB water filter is made of a non-cellulose media that resists bacterial attack. These filters are ideal for well water.
- The Pentek NCP-BB water filter provides sediment filtration and chlorine taste & odor reduction.
- The Pentek NCP-BB replacement filter is pleated for maximum dirt-loading capacity.
- The Pentek NCP-BB cartridges are constructed from a carbon-impregnated non-cellulose media.
- Pentek NCP-BB water filters offer sediment-filtration, as well as taste, odor and chlorine taste and odor reduction in one cartridge. Unlike cellulose cartridges, NCP cartridges are resistant to bacterial attack allowing them to be used for municipal and nonchlorinated water applications.
- The Pentek NCP-BB filter pleats provide additional surface area for high dirt-loading capacity, while maintaining minimal pressure drop. This combination of a pleated polyester media and carbon filtration produces an outstanding filter cartridge with extended service life.
- Pentek NCP-BB filter cartridges are excellent polishing filters, closed loop streams and are ideal for post reverse osmosis and well water applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- Bad Taste and Odor
- Pentek NCP-BB Carbon Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 4-1/2" (248 mm x 114 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 10
- Temperature Rating: 40F to 125F (4.4 C to 51.7C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
2 psi @ 8 gpm (0.1 bar @ 30 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
500 gallons @ 2 gpm (1,890 liters @ 7.6 L/min)
NOTE: Filtration efficiency and chlorine taste and odor reduction efficiency are reduced at higher flow rates. Chlorine taste and odor reduction based on greater than 50% reduction using 2ppm free chlorine feed concentration at 68F (20C) at continuous flow.
- Culligan NCP-BB Carbon Water Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Pleated Carbon-Impregnated Polyester
- End Caps: Vinyl Plastisol
- Netting: Polyethylene
- Core: Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155398-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek NCP-BB filter:
- 155398 Pentek NCPBB filter fits in housings for 10 inch Big Blue water filters.
- Fits Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 10" Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System
- Alternative Filters for the Pentek NCP-BB water filters:
- An appropriate alternative for sediment filtration (without taste/odor reduction) is the R30-BB.
- An appropriate alternative for carbon filtration (with taste/odor reduction) is the EPM-BB.