- Pentek / Ametek Phosphate Crystal PCC-106 Water Filter Insert:
- The Pentek PCC-106 is a Hexametaphosphate Crystal Water Filter Cartridge Insert
- Pentek PCC-106 phosphate crystal filters contain food-grade hexametaphosphate that dissolves slowly in water to inhibit scale and rust build-up.
- Recommended for use with ice machines, coffee and vending machines, food service equipment, water heaters, air conditioning equipment and many other types of water processing equipment.
- Effective for treating scale, corrosion and iron problems for up to six months at various flow rates and feed concentrations.
- Keeps hardness particles separated so they cannot precipitate and form deposits when heated. Maximum hardness 15 grains per gallon (gpg).
- The Pentek PCC-106 performs a protective coating on all metal surfaces, safeguarding against acidity/alkalinity, hardness, chloride and other factors which effect the corrosion of water equipment and pipes. pH range 6.5 – 9.0.
- Keeps dissolved iron, up to 1 ppm, suspended in solution (sequestered), preventing dissolved iron from precipitating, which would cause staining and discoloration.
- NOTE: Eye irritant. Contains sodium calcium hexametaphosphate. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: Do not use this cartridge on water that will be carbonated.
- Pentek PCC-106 Phosphate Crystal Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 5-7/16" x 1-1/16" (138 mm x 27 mm)
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): 1 to 1.5 gpm (4 to 6 L/min)
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 100°F (4.4° C to 37.8°C).
The phosphate material in the PCC series is rated to 100°F. If the water is above 100°F, the phosphates become more soluble, wasting the material. Also, there is risk of the phosphates melting as one gets further above 100°F.
- Pentek PCC-106 Phosphate Crystal Water Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Food Grade Polyphosphate
- Shell: Polypropylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155632-22
- Water Filter Housings for the PCC-106 filter insert:
- The Pentek PCC106 is an insert element that is placed in the center core of a filter cartridge. It is designed for use with 10" and 20" radial flow, sediment and carbon block filter cartridges.
- The Pentek PCC-106 is only used for insertion in the center core of open core cartridges.