(Previously sold by Case)
- Pentek / Ametek Phosphate Crystal PCC212 Water Filter:
- Hexametaphosphate Crystal Water Filter Cartridges
- Pentek PCC212 filters contain food-grade hexametaphosphate that dissolves slowly in water to inhibit scale and rust build-up.
- The Pentek PCC212 is recommended for use with ice machines, coffee and vending machines, food service equipment, water heaters, air conditioning equipment and many other types of water processing equipment.
- The Pentek PCC-212 is not recommended for whole house water filtration.
- The Pentek PCC212 filters are effective for treating scale, corrosion and iron problems for up to six months at various flow rates and feed concentrations.
- The Pentek PCC212 keeps hardness particles separated so they cannot precipitate and form deposits when heated. Maximum hardness 15 gpg.
- Forms a protective coating on all metal surfaces, safeguarding against acidity/alkalinity, hardness, chloride and other factors which effect the corrosion of water equipment and pipes. pH range 6.5 – 9.0.
- The Pentek PCC212 water filter keeps dissolved iron, up to 1 ppm, suspended in solution (sequestered), preventing dissolved iron from precipitating, which would cause staining and discoloration.
- NOTE: Eye irritant. Contains sodium calcium hexametaphosphate. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes, get medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: PCC212 cartridges are not recommended for main line water applications with flow rates exceeding 3.0 gpm (11.4 lpm).
- NOTE: With steamers, the water should be flushed daily.
- NOTE: Do not use this cartridge on water that will be carbonated.
- Pentek PCC212 Phosphate Crystal Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 9-3/4" x 2-5/8" (248 mm x 67 mm)
- Initial ΔP (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm): 1 to 1.5 gpm (4 to 6 L/min)
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 100°F (4.4° C to 37.8°C)
The phosphate material in the PCC series is rated to 100°F. If the water is above 100°F, the phosphates become more soluble, wasting the material. Also, there is risk of the phosphates melting as one gets further above 100°F.
- Pentek PCC212 Phosphate Crystal Water Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Food Grade Polyphosphate
- Shell and Post-Filter: Polypropylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155248-03
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek PCC212 water filters:
- 155248 PCC212 filter fits in #10 Standard or Slim Line filter housings for 10 inch standard water filters.
- Fits in the Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek HF-360 Water Filter System