Water Filters for Charity (How do we afford donations on all orders?)
Water Filters and Home Water Filter Systems Water Filters and Home Water Filter Systems WaterFilters.NET | One of the Inc. Magazine 500 fastest growing companies in America.

1-888-801-PURE(7873)
M - F 7am - 7pm CST
Water Filter Low Price Guarantee
Water Filtration Search
Water Filter Free Shipping

Home†>†Water University†>†Water Filter Videos†>†Pentek PCF1-20MB De-Ionizing Filter Video

Pentek PCF1-20MB De-Ionizing Filter Video




Pentek PCF1-20MB De-Ionizing Filter Video Transcript

Hey everyone, Tony the Filter Doctor here. Today weíre looking at the Pentek PCF1-20MB. This is an industry standard size cartridge, approximately 20 inches long by 2 Ĺ inches in diameter, which means itís going to fit into a vast selection of industry standard size filter housings, like for example the one you see here. Now, the PCF1-20MB is a mixed bed de-ionization resin cartridge. It combines a cation and an anion resin to de-ionize or de-mineralize water entirely. And it has a capacity of up to 600 grains or about 10,250 parts per million. Now, this cartridge may get some of you excited because you think, ďOh goodie, I can de-mineralize my water with a cartridge.Ē But the problem is; this is not really designed to take water that has a high level of mineral content. This is a polishing filter. Itís designed for laboratory settings or commercial and industrial applications where the water is probably put through a reverse osmosis system first, having 95% of the minerals removed and then run through a DI cartridge like this to take care of the remaining 5%. You see, if you have water with 300 parts per million of dissolved solids, you would only get about 34 gallons of water through this filter. You can see why reverse osmosis to the water first, removing a lot of the minerals first and then using this as a polishing filter would be an effective method, but putting water thatís high in mineral content straight through this filter; highly ineffective and not very economical. Now, this filter is typically used in, as I indicated, commercial and industrial applications like pharmaceuticals, or the manufacturing of electric circuit boards where they need highly purified water, and it can produce water that is pure up to 16 megohms, which is a measure of the electrical conductivity and those of you who need 16 megohm water already know whatís it all about. So, this is a high quality de-ionizing cartridge from Pentek, it is the PCF1-20MB. Iím your host Tony the Filter Doctor. Thanks for watching.

See detailed specifications and purchase the Pentek PCF1-20MB here.