- Ametek / Pentek RFC-20BB Water Filter:
- Nominal 25 micron Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridges
- Pentek RFC20BB radial flow carbon water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water.
- The Pentek RFC-20BB water filter provides effective chlorine taste & odor reduction (based on manufacturer's internal testing).
- The Pentek RFC-20BB filter cartridge has a unique design that reduces carbon fines in filtered water.
- The Ametek RFC20-BB water filters are constructed with a 70-micron porous polyethylene outer shell and durable polypropylene end caps. The 2-3/4" OD cartridges have a polypropylene core and the 4-1/2" OD cartridges incorporate a spun polypropylene core. Sandwiched between the outer shell and the core is a bed of granular activated carbon (GAC).
- The unique radial flow design offers the benefits of granular activated carbon (GAC) filtration, such as low pressure drop, while at the same time significantly reducing the release of carbon fines commonly associated with GAC style cartridges.
- The Pentek RFC20-BB water filter cartridges are ideal for point-of-entry (POE) and other high flow rate applications.
- NOTE: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- NOTE: The granular activated carbon cartridges will contain a very small amount of carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation, a new cartridge should be flushed with sufficient water to remove all traces of the fines from your water system before using the water. Each time you use your filtered water tap for drinking or cooking purposes it is recommended that you run (flush) the tap for at least 20 seconds prior to using water. This is particularly important if the water tap has not been used daily.
- Pentek RFC20-BB Radial Flow Carbon Water Filter Cartridge Specs:
- Dimensions: 20" x 4-1/2" (508 mm x 114 mm)
- Micron Rating (Nominal): 25
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 125°F (4.4° C to 51.7°C)
- Initial ∆P (psi) @ Flow Rate (gpm):
0.90 psi @ 4 gpm (0.06 bar @ 15.1 L/min)
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate (gpm):
>70,000 gallons @ 4 gpm (265,000 liters @ 15.1 L/min)
- Pentek RFC20-BB Water Filter Materials of Construction:
- Filter Media: Granular Activated Carbon
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Outer Shell: Polyethylene
- Gasket: Buna-N
- Inner Wraps/Core: Polypropylene
- Manufacturer: Pentek 155247-43
- Water Filter Housings for the Pentek RFC-20BB water filters:
- 155247 Pentek RFC-20BB filter fits in housings for 20 inch Big Blue water filters.
- Fits in Culligan / USFilter / Ametek / Pentek 20" Big Blue Whole House Water Filter System