- Pentek U440 FreshPoint UltraFiltration Replacement Membrane:
- The Pentek U440 Replacement Filter Module Membrane is the replacement membrane for the Pentek U440 Ultrafiltration System.
- The Pentek U440 replacement filter uses ultrafiltration membrane technology to provide a physical barrier to particles, large dissolved molecules, most colloids, and impurities as small as 0.025 microns.
- To maximize membrane capacity and service life, a metered flushing cycle is utilized.
- The Pentek U440 replacement membrane employs hollow-fiber ultrafiltration membrane technology to reduce turbidity, particulates and cysts.
- The Pentek U440 membrane is sealed with double radial o-rings, minimizing the potential for leak paths.
- The Pentek U440 membrane/housing has quick-connect end caps which allow the membrane to easily be removed for cleaning or replacement.
- The Pentek U440 ultra filter membrane needs to be flushed on a schedule dependent on the quality of water being treated.
- Pentek U440 Ultrafiltration Replacement Filter Module Contaminant Reduction:
- Reduces particles, large dissolved molecules, most colloids, and impurities as small as 0.025 microns.
- 98% reduction of 0.025 micron (25 nanometer) particles.
- Reduces cysts as defined in NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
- The U440-R Membrane is not designed to remove ions or other elemental forms such as hardness and heavy metals, or very small organic molecules such as pesticides.
- Pentek U440 UltraFiltration Membrane Specs:
- Material: Polyethersulfone, modified (PESM)
- Pore Size:
0.025 micron (nominal)
0.065 micron (absolute)
- Molecular Weight Cut Off (MWCO): 100-150 kD
- Active Membrane Surface: 51 sq. ft.
- Service Flow Rate @ 15 psi drop: 6.23 gpm to 10 gpm (1,416 L/H to 2,271 L/H)
- Manufacturer: Pentek 355536-00
- Instructions on how to replace the Pentek U440 membrane element:
- Bypass the system, then run a manual flush until water no longer comes out of the drain port.
- Unplug the power cord leading to the system and gently disconnect the cord leading to the flow meter.
- Slowly disconnect the three unions starting with the union located closest to the floor (this will allow any remaining water to drain from the system).
- Loosen the four mounting bolts which fasten the U440 to the wall. Lift the system up slightly and pull away from the wall.
- Open the end caps and slide the membrane element out of the membrane housing (both end caps may need to be removed so the element can be pushed out of the housing).
- Lubricate the O-rings with o-ring lubricant. Replace the end cap on the bottom port.
- Gently slide the new membrane element into the housing. DO NOT DROP THE MEMBRANE ELEMENT INTO HOUSING-THIS COULD DAMAGE THE MEMBRANE ELEMENT. The element should line up with the lower adapter. Push the element firmly into place.
- Gently and firmly slide the top adapter with O-rings into the membrane elements center tube, and fasten the end cap. Remount U440 and reattach plumbing.
- Put the unit back into service with the bypass valve. Before using system, perform flushing and sanitizing procedures as listed in the Installation section of the service manual.