Includes wrench, UV Lamp, mounting bracket
- Pentek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System:
- The Pentek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet light will protect drinking water sources from occasional intrusion of microbiological contamination.
- By using ultraviolet light to control microbes, this Ultraviolet water filter system is a positive alternative to environmentally harmful chemicals.
- The Pentek / Ametek UV-110-1 system is constructed with a durable polypropylene housing, quartz sleeve to protect the lamp end, provides maximum UV transmittance, a UL-listed voltage regulated control module, mounting bracket and hardware.
- The Pentek UV-110-1 system is equipped with a CBU-10 carbon block water filter cartridge to protect against Cryptosporidium and Giardia cysts.
- The UV-110-1 system provides a germicidal dose of ultraviolet light (16,000 microwatt-sec per square centimeter) at a wavelength of 254 nanometers which disrupts the microbes reproductive process.
- The UV-110-1 system provides Ultraviolet water disinfection.
- What is included with the Pentek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System?
- The UV-110-1 is a complete system ready for use. The Pentek UV-110-1 includes the housing, UV control module with mounting bracket, CBU-10 filter, quartz sleeve, lamp, wrench, o-ring, and instructions.
- Pentek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System Contaminant Reduction:
- The UV-110-1 system incorporates a Pentek CBU-10 carbon block filter cartridge that surrounds the quartz tube. This cartridge provides prefiltration that assures maximum transmittance of UV light through the water and reduction of cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- The Pentek UV-110-1 system provides Ultraviolet water disinfection.
- Kills bacteria
- Kills viruses
- Kills microbes
- Kills microbiological living organisms
- The Pentek CBU-10 carbon block cartridge reduces sediment and bad taste and odor.
- Pentek / Ametek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System Specs:
- Dimensions: 5-1/2" W x 15-1/2" L (140mm x 394mm)
- Inlet/Outlet: 3/4"
- Voltage: 120
- Hertz: 60
- Recommended Flow Rates: 2 gpm (7.6 L/min)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 65 psi (4.5 bar)
- Temperature Rating: 40–100° F(4.4–37.8° C)
- Amps (electric current): .42
- Watts (required power): 14
- UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System Materials of Construction:
- Housing: Polypropylene
- Cap: Polypropylene
- UV Sleeve: Quartz
- O-Ring: Buna-N
- Manufacturer: Pentek 163005
- Pentek / USFilter UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System Maintenance:
- The 163509 quartz sleeve should be cleaned with warm soap and water every three months. The quartz sleeve only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- The UV bulb 11-275 should be replaced every 9-12 months. The bulb does not normally burn out, however the efficiency of the bulb decreases after one year.
- Replacement Parts:
- 11-275 UV Lamp is included with the system purchase and needs to be replaced every 9-12 months
- 163509 quartz sleeve should be cleaned with warm soap and water every three months. The quartz sleeve is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- 163516 Quartz Sleeve O-Rings come with the system. If you purchase a new 163509 quartz sleeve, the quartz sleeve o-rings are included.
- 163517 Spacer Bushing is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- 163519 Plunger Rod with Retainer is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- 163518 Teflon Sleeve is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- 163506 Control Module with Fuse is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- OR-34 o-ring is included with the system purchase and should be changed every couple of filter changes. The o-ring seals the cap to the housing sump.
- O-Ring lubricant is optional and helps to keep the o-ring lubricated and sealing properly.
- SW-2 wrench is included with the system purchase and only needs to be replaced if it breaks.
- The CBU-10 carbon block filter is included and needs to be replaced when flow rate slows through your UV system. The CBU-10 filter helps to improve the efficiency of the UV lamp.
- Pentek UV-110-1 Ultraviolet System:
- For installation on cold water lines.
- Do not install where system is exposed to direct sunlight.
- Allow a minimum of 12 inches clearance under the filter for changing the cartridge and above the system to allow the UV bulb to be changed.
- NOTE: Protect against freezing to prevent cracking of the system and water leakage.
- NOTE: Do not look directly at the UV lamp. This can cause retina/eye damage.
- UV 11-275 Lamp Replacement:
- 1. Turn off all electrical power to the system by unplugging or throwing the circuit.
- 2. Unscrew the UV control module from the mounting bracket (4 screws).
- 3. Slide the old bulb out and unplug from the control module.
- NOTE: Hold the UV lamp only by the plastic covered ends of the bulb.
- 4. Carefully discard the old UV lamp.
- 5. Holding the new UV lamp only by the plastic covered ends of the bulb, plug the new UV lamp into the control module or power cord. Slide the new bulb into the cartridge housing and reattach UV control module or secure mounting bracket retainer (depending on model).
- 6. Restore electrical power to unit.
- 7. Check for leaks.