- SV-3-14 Self Piercing Saddle Valve:
- The SV-3-14 is a self piercing saddle valve with a 1/4" male compression fitting.
- The SV-3-14 self tapping Saddle Valve is a low cost, self piercing feed valve that fits on 3/8" - 1" copper pipe. The SV-3-14 saddle valve uses a 1/4" take-off compression nut to connect to 1/4" outside diameter (OD) tubing.
- Install the saddle valve in-line after the cold water shut-off valve. Mount and tighten the self piercing valve on the copper tubing in an easy to reach place. Turn the saddle valve clockwise all the way in. This drives the sharp end of a sharp metal pierce into the copper tubing and will pierce a tiny hole. This is the "OFF" position for your new RO system. Turn counter-clockwise to open and turn on.
- This saddle tapping valve is not designed for installation on flex line tubing.
- Do not turn valve handle before or while installing saddle-tapping valve. Make sure piercing lance does not protrude beyond rubber gasket before installing valve.
- Manufacturer: Tier1 SV-3-14