100 Pound Bag/1 Cu. Ft.; No Returns
- Sand Water Treatment Media:
- Sand water filtration media is made up of hard, resilient, and dense grains of predominately silica matter.
- The physical properties of sand filter media make it among the best available in the world for sediment filtration purposes.
- The size of the sand particles are .45-.55mm.
- The sand filter media is washed, dried, and screened to meet precise specifications with rigorous adherence to quality control.
- Sand water filter media meets AWWA Specifications.
- Sand water treatment media acts as perfect sub-fill for non-silica sensitive applications such as water softeners and dealkalizers.
- Sand Water Treatment Media Characteristics:
- Color: Light tan
- Bulk Density: 100 lbs./cu. ft.
- Specific Gravity: 2.65+
- Effective Size: .45 - .55 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.3 - 1.7
- Hardness: 7.0 (Mohs scale)
- Sand Water Filtration Media Operational Specifications:
- Bed depth: 12 - 36 in.
- Freeboard: 40 of bed depth (min.)
- Service flow rate: 2 – 5 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash flow rate: 15 - 20 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash expansion rate: 35% of the bed depth
- UPC: 689466299717
- Manufacturer: Tier1 22004