- Washing Machine Inline Water Filter 85470 Information:
- A problem area on all washing machines is the need to clean the inlet valve screen of sediment buildup. As this screen gets contaminated, the water flow slows, adding extended time to the wash cycle and distorting the water temperature. In extreme cases, the sediment gets trapped between the solenoid, allowing the water to continue to flow, creating flooding.
- The manufacturer survey indicates this screen should be cleaned every 3-12 months for homeowners on well water. This screen is located behind the machine at the base of the water line and requires the machine to be pulled out, hoses disconnected, the screen carefully removed and cleaned.
- After extensive research to evaluate the problem of clogged inlet valve screens, Inline Water Filters has taken the initiative to design a Washing Machine Sediment Filter for the sole intent of removing solid sediment prior to reaching the screen destination.
- With the average household washing 10 loads of laundry weekly, using 15,000 gallons of water yearly, this problem is especially troublesome for the 17,000,000 homeowners on well water. Our tests indicate that the use of a whole house filter lessens the problems, however doesn't prevent it as the smaller particles get through and coat the screen over time.
- Washing Machine Inline Water Filter 85470 Specs:
- The washing machine filter traps sediment before it reaches the washing machine inlet valve screen.
- Eliminates the need to clean the inlet valve screen
- Allows water to run freely
- The washing machine sediment filter attaches directly to the washing machine water faucets for either hot or cold intake. The Maximum Temperature is 320 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prevents inconsistent water temperature due to restricted water intake, created from a clogged inlet screen
- The washing machine filter comes complete with a replacement cartridge and ready to install
- No tools required
- Quick and easy cartridge replacement
- Symptoms of sediment buildup on Water Inlet Valve Screen:
- Water flow decreases
- Extended time added to washing cycle
- Distorts water temperature mix
- Washing Machine Water Filter 85470 Specs:
- The washing machine filter housing is composed of a precisely designed mold of polypropylene material with a 5 stage graduating dead end filtration process, trapping 98% of solids, 25 micron and above. Tested and approved by an independent certified lab, Research & Analytical Laboratories, Kernersville, NC.
- The exposed washing machine filter screen basket is designed to trap the larger sediment. Inside the water filter cartridge is a layered filtration material ranging from 200 micron to 25 micron, which traps the smaller sediment. Over time, this material will become impacted and imbedded with dirt and grit, which is exactly what's it's designed to do. At that time, the washing machine filter cartridge needs to be replaced and won't be effective if you try to clean and re-use.
- Max Temperature: 320 deg. F (160 deg. C)
- Manufacturer: Inline Water Filters 85470
- Washing Machine Water Filter Cartridge Life:
- For new wells, replace the washing machine filter cartridge every 2-3 months.
- For existing wells without a whole house water filter, replace the washing machine filter cartridge every 3-6 months.
- For wells with a whole house water filter and public water supply, replace the washing machine filter cartridge every 6 months.
- The washing machine filter cartridge life also depends on the amount of sediment in your water supply and the water usage of your household. When your cold water slows, the washing machine water filter needs to be replaced.
- Washing Machine Water Filter Installation Instructions:
- If the water is slow due to your inlet valve being clogged from sediment, you'll need to clean the screen before installing the washing machine filter. See your owner's manual for cleaning instructions. The washing machine filter will eliminate future buildup on the screen.
- You'll need to disconnect the hose from the faucet on the initial installation. Attach the filter directly to the cold water faucet or hot water faucet and attach the hose, as pictured on the package.
- When you first install the filter or replace the cartridge, turn off the water faucets and turn on the washing machine for a minute. This drains the water out of the lines and eliminates the clean up.
- When changing the cartridge, unscrew the middle of the filter housing, remove the old, replace with the new and screw back together. It's very easy and simple to change.
- You can install the washing machine filter on either the hot or cold water intake.
- There is an optional adapter hose for the washing machine water filter hook-up. Use when limited space or alignment of the filter is a problem.