28 Pound Bag; 1 Cu. Ft.; No Returns
- Watts A8056-J Catalytic Carbon Water Treatment Media:
- Catalytic carbon is a specialized carbon media to remove hydrogen sulfide gas, iron, and chloramines. Catalytic carbon is also used for removal of chloramines and VOC as well as taste and odor improvement.
- Catalytic carbon is a liquid phase virgin activated carbon that has been manufactured to develop catalytic functionality.
- Catalytic carbon is unique in that it concentrates reactants via adsorption and then promotes their reaction on the surface of the pores.
- Catalytic carbon is produced from bituminous coal using a patented process for the use in liquid phase systems to promote catalytic reactions. The reactant concentration determines the effective contact time.
- Catalytic activity allows for smaller, more compact system sizing and lower capital requirements.
- High hardness reduces fines and losses do to handling.
- Works with low oxidant levels and limits the need for chemicals.
- Simple and reliable equipment design that can handle spikes in concentration without metering of chemicals.
- Reduced carbon requirements reduce operating costs.
- Enhanced carbon media performance for a greater degree of contaminant removal at reduced costs.
- Thermal reactivation is an option for recycle and reuse to minimize operating costs and eliminates disposal concerns.
- Although it is not impregnated with metals or alkali, it displays the catalytic functionality of these materials.
- Watts A8056-J Catalytic Carbon Water Treatment Media Applications:
- Hydrogen sulfide
- Taste and odor
- VOC removal
- Iron removal
- Residential water filters
- Commercial water filters
- Bottling and soft drink industries
- Aquarium water treatment
- Watts A8056-J Catalytic Carbon Water Filter Media Properties:
- Carbon Base: Bituminous
- Peroxide No.: 14 max
- Iodine No.: 825 mg/g min
- Ash (by weight %): 7 max
- Moisture (by weight %): 3 max
- Abrasion No.: 75 min
- Apparent density: 0.56 g/ml min
- Through 12 mesh %: 5 max
- Through 40 mesh %: 4 max
- Manufacturer: Watts A8056-J
- Watts A8056-J Catalytic Carbon Water Treatment Media Safety Message:
- Wet activated carbon preferentially removes oxygen from air. In closed or partially closed containers and vessels, oxygen depletion may reach hazardous levels. If workers are to enter a vessel containing carbon, appropriate sampling and work procedures for potentially low oxygen spaces should be followed, including all applicable federal and state requirements.