28 Pound Bag; 1 Cu. Ft.; No Returns
- Watts A9231-J Coconut Carbon Water Treatment Media:
- Coconut shell carbon has a superior level of hardness, high activity level, trihalomethane removal, and longer life expectancy.
- Activated carbon media is a high purity Granular Activated Carbon made from Coconut Shells and is utilized for enhanced elimination of impurities and solvents.
- Coconut carbon filter media is better at general chlorine, chlorinated solvent, and VOC removal than standard carbon, but not as effective with heavier organics.
- Coconut carbon water filter media is used for improving the odor and taste of water, de-chlorination, and lower levels of solvents (VOCs) and sulfur.
- Applications for Coconut Shell based Activated Carbon are General Gas Applications, Solvent Catalyst and Recovery, Water Purification, Liquid Phase Refining, and Liquid Phase Decoloration.
- Coconut shell carbon is a coconut base carbon. The physical characteristics of coconut shell activated carbon, including its superior hardness, make it an ideal choice for commercial and industrial applications such as bottling, brewing, and ultrapure water.
- Watts A9231-J Coconut Carbon Water Treatment Media Factors:
- Temperature: Most effective 60°F - 80°F
- pH: Most organics in water are more soluble at pH lower than 7.0
- Contact time: Very important to achieve proper flow rates for any adsorption system to function properly.
- Watts A9231-J Coconut Carbon Media Standard Operating Conditions:
- Service flow rate: 2 - 6 gpm/cu.ft.
- Freeboard: 20%
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- Watts A9231-J Coconut Carbon Media Contaminates Adsorbed (Depending on Operating Conditions):
- Chlorine Taste & Odor
- Organic Chemicals
- TCE (Trichloroethylene)
- EDB (Ethylene dibromide)
- THM (Trihalomethanes)
- Chemical odor
- Manufacturer: Watts A9231-J