- Whirlpool WHELJ1 Water Filtration System:
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 water filter system provides basic filtered water for your entire home.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 system lasts for approximately 570,000 gallons and then needs to be completely replaced.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 filter does NOT reduce hydrogen sulfide, soften water, reduce iron, or remove any heavy contaminants. The system is for basic water with no heavy contamination. We recommend a RO System for drinking water and Big Blue whole house filters instead of the Whirlpool WHELJ1.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 reduces chlorine taste and odor from your bath and shower for cleaner, softer hair and skin.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 water filtration system reduces sediment to protect plumbing and appliances. The system has been tested to filter sediment and other particles to 40 microns.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 Water Filter System provides great tasting water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 features FilterSense Technology which automatically cleans the system, no maintenance or filters to replace.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 uses a proprietary filter media bed with activated carbon.
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 Central Water Filtration System automatically flushes, cleans and drains its internal filter every 14 days. This interval can be customized from 1 to 30 days, depending on your water usage and water conditions. When it cleans itself, the system flushes the sediment and other particles it has collected out the drain hose and down a drain, readying itself for continued filtering of these contaminants.
- The system uses about 10 gallons of water to clean its media bed of the contaminants it has collected. The cleaning process lasts about 3 minutes.
- Whirlpool WHELJ1 Water Filter Specs:
- Electrical Requirements: 110/120 Volts. AC. 24 VOLT TRANSFORMER INCLUDED.
Depth: 10 1/8 in.
Height: 33 3/4 in.
Width: 13 7/16 in.
- Rated Service Flow Rate: 6.0 gpm
- Pressure Drop at Rated Service Flow: 10 psig
- Pressure Drop at 9.6 gpm: 15 psig
- Water Pressure Limits (minimum / maximum): 30 - 125 psi
- Water Temperature Limits: 40 - 120 °F
- Drain Flow Rate: 3.4 gpm
- Rated Capacity at Chlorine Concentration of:1.5 ppm 570,000 gal.
- Sediment Removal with 30-40 micron particle size: 95% or more
- Sediment Removal with 40-50 micron particle size: 99% or more
- Manufacturer: Whirlpool WHELJ1
- Whirlpool WHELJ1 Water Filter Installation:
- The Whirlpool WHELJ1 Central Water Filtration System comes with everything to install and hook up to 1" NPT (National Pipe Thread). However there are just a couple of items that you will need to complete the installation.
- You will need:
1) Two 1" NPT female connectors and enough tubing to connect to your existing plumbing
2) A drain for the self-cleaning process. 10 feet of drain tubing is supplied, but if your drain is further than 10 feet away, you will need to purchase enough 1/2" tubing to reach your drain. The drain should not be more than 50 feet from the install.
3) The power cord (transformer) needs to plug into a 110V power outlet. The unit comes with a 10 foot power cord.