Special Order. No Returns. Approx 7-10 day lead time for making/testing product.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Commercial/Industrial Arsenic Water Filter System - 3 Cu. Ft. Features:
- THE ORIGIN OF ARSENIC: Arsenic is an element that occurs in the earth's crust. Accordingly, there are natural sources of exposure. These include weathering of rocks and erosion depositing arsenic in water bodies and uptake of the metal by animals and plants. Consumption of food and water are the major sources of arsenic exposure for the majority of the population. People may also be exposed from industrial sources, since arsenic is used in semi-conductor manufacturing, petroleum refining, wood preservatives, animal feed additives, and herbicides.
- MAXIMUM CONTAMINANT LEVEL: The EPA established a maximum contaminant level for arsenic, 50 micrograms per liter (50 uq/L) or parts per billion (ppb) in 1976. In October of 2001, the MCL was lowered to 10 ppb.
- PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS: Arsenic can combine with other elements to form inorganic and organic arsenicals. In general, inorganic derivatives are regarded as more toxic than the organic forms. While food contains both inorganic and organic arsenicals, mainly inorganic forms are present in water. Exposure to arsenic at high levels poses serious health effects, since it is a known human carcinogen. In addition, it has been reported to affect the vascular system in humans and has been associated with the development of diabetes. Arsenic is poisonous in doses significantly larger than 65 mg (1 grain), and the poisoning can arise from a single large dose, or from repeated small doses, as, for example, inhalation of arsenical gases or dust.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Commercial/Industrial Arsenic Removeal (Metered): Utilizes a strongly basic hybrid anion exchange resin specially formulated to selectively remove arsenic, Exhibits extraordinary throughput capacity in arsenic removal service on potable water supplies, Its performance is virtually unaffected by common anions, such as chlorides, bicarbonates or sulfates, It is effective over the entire pH range of potable water, Made from NSF/ANSI-61 validated anion exchange resin, No arsenic dumping - effluent arsenic levels will not exceed influent levels if resin is operated past exhaustion point and its Filtration capacity is up to 500,000 gallons per Cu. Ft. Resin (at 50 ppb in influent with 10 ppb in effluent).
- The standard FEATURES include: Metered Fleck® controls, Heavy duty Structural® tanks, Poly Glass™ mineral tank filled with high capacity ion exchange resins, All brass, motor driven control valve with fully adjustable regeneration cycles, Self-adjusting backwash controller, Flow controller to limit backwash flow, Engineered for commercial & industrial use and an Optional skid mounting for tank.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Commercial/Industrial Arsenic Water Filter System - 3 Cu. Ft. Contaminant Reduction:
- Reduces lead, arsenic (aresnite and arsenate), and modest amounts of both phosphate and silica. Among the many stages in which water flows through, one of them includes flowing through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which removes suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
- CRYSTAL QUEST® Commercial/Industrial Arsenic Water Filter System - 3 Cu. Ft. Specs:
- Fleck Valve: 2850
- Pipe Size:1.5"
- Cu. Ft. Resin:3
- Mineral Tank Size, in.:14 x 65
- Peak Flow, GPM:30
- Service Flow, GPM:15
- Backwash Flow, GPM:6
- Manufacturer: Crystal Quest CQE-CO-02067